Anti-Malware toolkit Problems

In attempting to track a windows update problem I have encountered additional problems.

After downloading and installing the Anti-Malware_toolkit recommended programs, Some will not run to completion (SpybotS&D, Hijackthis among others)

Retry by clicking on icon results in the following error:

"Windows can not access specified device. You may not have appropriate permissions to access this item"

I ran the PC-Cleanup to the letter but no good results. I have run Dial-A_ Fix numerous times.

Any suggestions?

Go to hijackthis and right click the icon and click rename. Name it lunarsoft.exe.

See if you can get it to run now(just click run and save log file and a notepad file will open up.) Copy and paste that log here.

I tried this and results are the same error message as previously noted.

I ran a couple of reg cleaners and was able to run Hijackthis under a different name, However, It did not save the output file. Also I tried to redownload Hijackthis using the Anti-Malware_toolkit but it hangs up when it gets to download the Hijackthis program.

If you can get hijackthis to run again do this:

Click the button that says "do a system scan only", once the scan completes then click "save log" on the bottom left.

If that doesn't work try to run this:

Go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

1. Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
  2. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
  3. When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
  4. Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
    • Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
      Archives
      Mail databases

[*]Click on My Computer under Scan.

[*]Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.

[*]You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....

[*]Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button. Then post it here.