[Status: Private Beta] Anti-Malware Downloader

If you ever need a tester, someone with very limited Delphi experience, or moral supprt, just ask me :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oi! Get back in line..... :D

Age before beauty.... ;)

Yeah, sign me up too boss, absolutely NO Delphi experience, but very good at breaking things..... :)

Cheers :D

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

Since I switched to Turbo Delphi I had to start coding this from scratch. :happybday:

I can however say that the very first alpha build 1 does indeed download.

I should get a snazzy name for this.

• 10 months later...
  • Administrator

Doesn't seem all that useful. You could just click on some links and download it self...

And for some, you'd have to use Google and find download links, etc.

This will allow you to download the files you want from their sources. I've been working on ideas and trying to code this as a batch file. I'm looking into version checking and installed path checks too, so it will keep downloading to a minimal amount, as opposed to what it is now.

Doesn't seem all that useful. You could just click on some links and download it self...

And for some, you'd have to use Google and find download links, etc.

This will allow you to download the files you want from their sources. I've been working on ideas and trying to code this as a batch file. I'm looking into version checking and installed path checks too, so it will keep downloading to a minimal amount, as opposed to what it is now.

You could just post the links here, then nobody would have to use Google.

Version checking might be interesting though... :D

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

I've been reworking this in C# and it will depend on the .NET framework. Though very little is coded, I have been testing it to be sure it works on most Windows OS'. So far it will work on Windows 98SE so long as the .NET Framework is installed.

ok here is a name call it W.M.D. Weapons of Malware Destruction or how about these in all seriousness, Lunarsoft Security Manager, Tarun Security Manager, or LunarSoft Anti-Malware Arsenal if you get this ready wow i like it alot what a fabulous concept. OOPS sorry did not read the date of post of this topic i see you named it already but is this ready to be used is it available for XP?

• Administrator

I've actually been considering a new, catchy name that will have a nice acroynm that will be easy for people to Google and get pointed here. :wave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

The Standard pack has:

• SpywareBlaster
  • CCleaner
  • CWShredder
  • AboutBuster
  • RogueRemover
  • Windows Defender
  • Ad-Aware
  • Spybot S&D
  • AVG AntiSpyware
  • HijackThis
  • Defintions for Ad-Aware and Spybot (Ad-Aware defs have a batch file installer)
  • Link to Lunarsoft

I'm still working hard on the project but for the past few days I've been trying to get the downloader to work.