[Status: Private Beta] Anti-Malware Downloader

• Administrator

It actually contains Ad-Aware SE Personal (Pre-2007).

I'll see about providing a teaser screenshot of my application if people are interested.

• Administrator

Here's the screenshot :wave:

It shows how the tree will contain downloads, the information box populates when you click an item, and the status bar tells you your Windows version, including service pack! When you hover the URLs it displays a tooltip with the link, and of course the link opens your default browser. The tooltip hover is there in case of long URLs and someone wants to read the full URL.

• Administrator

Depends on how long it takes. I know that's not the best answer but it'll be ready when it's ready. :wave:

Once I get the downloads working and saving to a directory I may release it as Alpha software to a closed group of testers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Unfortunately since the start of the week I've been fighting a cold/allergies so development virtually stopped. I secretly hoped to have it ready by this weekend to open to a select few private beta testers.

• Administrator

I'm opening the private beta.

Want to be a beta tester? PM me with the title "Beta Test". Not everyone will be accepted and this will go to a limited few. It is preferred to have members apply who have been here longer than 6 months and are active on the forums.

Looks pretty good. I tried the basics out - selecting a download folder, checking and unchecking files, etc etc etc. One thing that bugged me though was that the download progress simply said "3 of 12". I'd like to know which program is being downloaded.

One suggestion for when the bugs in this version are sorted out. Add an option to check the MD5 hash of each file. That way people are ensured a complete and uncorrupted download. :)

• Administrator

An earlier release is looking very promising. Only one semi-critical bug was reported, and one minor bug. Both have been fixed.

Zxian, I'll add your current file name request before the official release. :)