27 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred color?

• White-greyish (most computers)
    • Really white
    • Silver
    • Black
    • Black Silver
    • Other

I voted other, because I prefer black/silver.

Mine is all a bit of a mixture, I have the whiteish/greyish/beigeish monitor, tower and speakers, but my keyboard and mouse are black/silver.

You never stated what colour you prefer Eldmannen.

I have a standard whitegreyish case like any other case.

I think it would be nice with a black case. I am thinking something like stealthy black so it looks high-tech. :happybday:

I like simple computer cases. Clean design. No useless silly details to impress dumb kids or make it look "cool".

I've got a black aluminum case, very light. The only design it has (everything is smoooooth) is a window (sorry, Eldmannen) and a small mod on one of the lower drive bays - custom temperature gauge and fan speed controller.

I would have preferred if it had come with fans, but it was only ~ $20 USD. And at least it doesn't have drive bay covers.

I've got a black aluminum case, very light. The only design it has (everything is smoooooth) is a window (sorry, Eldmannen) and a small mod on one of the lower drive bays - custom temperature gauge and fan speed controller.

I would have preferred if it had come with fans, but it was only ~ $20 USD. And at least it doesn't have drive bay covers.

Aluminum case owns, too bad its a little bit more expensive. Aluminum is good. :happybday:

Got a picture of it?

my current system is all white... but i prefer black... my keyboard gets dirty easily...

Yeah, keyboards gets really really dirty. They have more bacteria than your toilet seat. There are like hundred millions of bacteria in a keyboard.

The tower I just put together is high-gloss black, it is a sidewinder XG.

Oh, high-gloss could be cool. Sidewinder XG?

Picture?

Ask and ye shall recieve:

<sidewinder xg image>

Boy was that one ugly computer case!

My Lian Li case is black, as is most everything else on my desk. Pretty standard, really :happybday:

Lian Li makes some pretty darn nice cases. Too bad they pretty expensive.

+1 ditto for both of those statements, Eldmannen.

Sorry, woodbutcher. It's just seems silly to have a computer with so much... superficial plastic bling. hahah...

And Lian Li cases... ooooo.... too bad their models go for 10 times the cost of my case.

Sorry, woodbutcher. It's just seems silly to have a computer with so much... superficial plastic bling. hahah...

And Lian Li cases... ooooo.... too bad their models go for 10 times the cost of my case.

Well, I got ya on that one-- other than the window and the door, the rest is steel, NOT aluminum.

I agree on the cost, concidering that that case was about $60 USD new.(I get discounts)

• 3 weeks later...

Yanno, I really don't care about the colour of my case/keyboard/monitor, etc. As long as everything works together well, who cares? I use my PC for functionality, not as a showpiece to be displayed on the loungeroom table (you get the idea).

When I go to friends places and they show me their setups, it's the performance of their systems that gets my 'Gasps!' and 'OMGs'......

I have seen some really crappy looking systems, but once you fired those babies up...... LOOK OUT.... skid marks on the harddrives :happybday:

Cheers :hyper:

I for one would like an aesthetically pleasing computer.

It's my baby, it have to look nice. ;D

I wouldn't want a brown ugly smelly poop computer. :happybday:

I want something on the desk, that is silent, and looks nice, clean straight-forward design, no clutter, a nice finish. High-quality.

I for one would like an aesthetically pleasing computer.

It's my baby, it have to look nice. ;D

I wouldn't want a brown ugly smelly poop computer. :hyper:

I want something on the desk, that is silent, and looks nice, clean straight-forward design, no clutter, a nice finish. High-quality.

Obviously don't know how to organise your desk or buy the correct components......

I want something on the desk,

For my part, the box sits under the desk in the appropriate compartment as I do not need to access it except to turn it on, out of sight, out of mind. (System is on 24/7, with 1 shutdown a month, that's usually after housekeeping the system).

"Yeah, but how do you access your CD/DVD drive, burn stuff, etc" I hear you ask.... simple, external Sony DVD Burner (USB2 connectivity), works a treat and takes up minimal space on the desk, also is easier to access as with a 2metre USB Cable I can move it to where I want it.

If you want bling, then go for it. pacifier.gif

As I stated (sorry if you don't like my opinion...... suck it up) I prefer functionality over looks. No use being shiny and aesthetically pleasing if the bloody thing doesn't perform...... :happybday:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind have the box under the desk either, it would be pretty nice with more free space on the desktop table.

I barely ever use floppy/DVD, etc so I wouldn't mind, I am not all that lazy.

The problem is that if you put it under the desk, it acts like a vacuum cleaner, and its gets dust all over the computer.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind have the box under the desk either, it would be pretty nice with more free space on the desktop table.

I barely ever use floppy/DVD, etc so I wouldn't mind, I am not all that lazy.

The problem is that if you put it under the desk, it acts like a vacuum cleaner, and its gets dust all over the computer.

Hmmm, good point about the dust, and I don't mean about the outside of the case, it for some reason attracts more internally than if it where outside the desk compartment.... go figure

But I usually get around this by pulling the cover off once a year and running the vacuum cleaner with the soft tool attachement over it.

It's amazing just how much dust gets sucked into the box over a 12 month period..... In fact I may have made a startling discovery........

IT"S WHERE DUSTBUNNIES BREED!!!................. naughty.gif

Cheers :happybday:

im happy with white, my computer has always been white.

the only problem is that hen i got a dvd drive it was really white and the computer is kind of cream coloured

and that my harddisk is black (like all harddisks) and it sticks out

dust is interesting especially in psus the other day i decided to clean out my Pentium MMX 166Mhz box so i took it out side and there was a lot of dust. and i opened the psu and i didnt even inhale any dust like last time i did something like that.

you know after atleast 7 years (since i got the box) possibly more since the box wasnt new. the dust breeded

dust doesnt show on white so its all good, except when you decide to run you finger between the keys and collect some dust