23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to donate?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe.
    • If I had Paypal I would.
    • How much do you need?

• Administrator

Since these forums can offer subscription services I considered asking what people may like and for what prices. This is still in the brainstorming point, though.

Basically, rewards and stuff for supporting/donating to the site.

Things I've thought of were things like:
  • Upgraded access to a new group. (Supporters)
  • More attachment space. (5MB, might make it 10MB)
  • Possible V.I.P. style forum.

I'd like to hear ideas and such. I want to keep this site 100% free to all, but offer nice things to those who donate certain amounts. If you're wondering why I'm starting this about money; well... college did just start, so tuition and books, supplies and things of that nature sure don't come cheap. <_<

Feel free to post people. Offer ideas and suggestions. Who knows, your idea may make it into the list!

If you donate, please Private Message Me with your e-mail address (I may ask other information as verification) so that I can add you to the Subscribers Group.

• Administrator

I voted "Maybe".

So far we, the wishy-washy, are in the lead.

To expand on my answer, let me add "if I wasn't broke". Hope you can attract some members who actually have money!

Anyone who knows me knows I feel extremely guilty just having to ask/talk about things such as this. So, in return I'm trying to see what people would like. Hopefully I've given some nice starting ideas in the above post. :D

Updated just a little. Feel free to suggest ideas.

• 1 month later...

This is only the 2nd forum I've ever been on and ya'll have been great! My question is, how much a month does it take for you to just maintain this site and then you need a bit to get your by, so how much do ya'll need? I'm not rich but I could donate a bit. I'm staying IN the loop and that helps me alot. I'm forever learning :w00t:

TexasFilly

• Administrator

This is only the 2nd forum I've ever been on and ya'll have been great!  My question is, how much a month does it take for you to just maintain this site and then you need a bit to get your by, so how much do ya'll need? I'm not rich but I could donate a bit.  I'm staying IN the loop and that helps me alot.  I'm forever learning ;)

TexasFilly

The amount you wish to donate is totally up to you. :w00t:

i want to donate but can't do it due to i am in the other side of the world and u are at the other...i have no credit card so i am not possible to do it so...are u currently paying for your webhost?...if not maybe i could use my own country webhost to host your site and i will pay for it...

• Administrator

i want to donate but can't do it due to i am in the other side of the world and u are at the other...i have no credit card so i am not possible to do it so...are u currently paying for your webhost?...if not maybe i could use my own country webhost to host your site and i will pay for it...

I believe Paypal converts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The amount you wish to donate is totally up to you.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The beauty of it is, the amount you wish to donate is up to you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You just refuse to give a good donation amount dont you? :lol: hes dodging the questions everybody! :w00t:

heh, i dont think it would go over with my parents too well if i asked if i could use the family's paypal account to donate. It would seem pretty odd to them... :shocking: I do love this place though, i just dont meet the age requirments

)corjello(

The amount you wish to donate is totally up to you.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The beauty of it is, the amount you wish to donate is up to you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You just refuse to give a good donation amount dont you? :D hes dodging the questions everybody! :w00t:

heh, i dont think it would go over with my parents too well if i asked if i could use the family's paypal account to donate. It would seem pretty odd to them... :D I do love this place though, i just dont meet the age requirments

)corjello(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I worked full time and lived with a girlfriend when i was your age. :shocking:

• 5 months later...

what is the min i have to donate? i might have some spare cash in my paypal soon. (after paying for hosting etc...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I remember correctly (no promises), I think that PayPal gives the minimum option as $20.

I would be more than willing to spare a few bucks if there was some means other than PayPal. I don't really trust PayPal (I buy all my computer parts via debit). Perhaps some other payment option will be available in the future?

@ Tarun: if there is some other way to donate, please feel free to contact me and let me know! I'll getcha' back! 20 dolla, love you long time...

• Administrator

Funny, I was thinking about how I hate Paypal last night. But there's not really many other choices out there. When Google's online paypal payment thing becomes available, I may just switch to it.

what is the min i have to donate? i might have some spare cash in my paypal soon. (after paying for hosting etc...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I remember correctly (no promises), I think that PayPal gives the minimum option as $20.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

??, it is seem that i can donate a dollar through Paypal. Btw, if you don't mind i would like to ask a personal question, how much did you donate?