Trouble installing the latest updates?

JMac

I have windows home premium, and it tells me on the windows update screen that i need to install 7 important updates so i click install then a message tells me i need to restart, so i restart. then once the computer comes back on after a few minutes the update icon tells me the 7 updates failed, and i have no clue as to why?

can someone help me fiqure out this problem, had it for a few days now...

JMac

I recently installed 6 out of the 7 updates listed on windows update, i done this by selecting each one and installing then restarting, i managed to find the update that won't install...

this is the link copyed the details from the windows update page

Link to the page i got the info from Microsoft Tech Net Page

Vulnerability in Windows Vista Firewall Could Allow Information Disclosure (935807)

General Information

Executive Summary

This moderate security update resolves a privately reported vulnerability. This vulnerability could allow incoming unsolicited network traffic to access a network interface. An attacker could potentially gather information about the affected host.

This is a moderate security update for all supported editions of Windows Vista. For more information, see the subsection, Affected and Non-Affected Software, in this section.

This security update addresses the vulnerability by modifying the Windows Vista firewall default behavior to block unsolicited traffic communicating over the Teredo interface. For more information about the vulnerability, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) subsection for the specific vulnerability entry under the next section, Vulnerability Information.

Recommendation: Microsoft recommends that customers consider applying the security update.

• 1 year later...

From what I've read, many people have been having issues with the latest Vista patches. You may wish to try AutoPatcher Vista July in the meantime and see if that allows them to install.

I know this is a very old post, but I think this is the problem I'm having. The current links on this page seem out of date. Can I get a current link to a fix for this problem?

I have the original Window's Updater and it has not worked since I bought my laptop.

Archived