EDITED: I had suggested the Prevx CSI scanner but after further research on Prevx CSI Scanner it has a string attached not a fully free program. So does not meet the protocol of the AMT. Sorry for the confusion.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

It will not be added.

Reason:

Prevx CSI will monitor your PC for signs of malware that has bypassed your existing security totally free of charge. You only ever need to pay for cleanup.

after further research on Prevx CSI Scanner it has a string attached not a fully free program. So does not meet the protocol of the AMT. Sorry for the confusion. Doesn't anyone read my edit. duh! I definitely did not read the description of the service before making initial post about this scanner, My mistake

From when I've tried Defraggler (with every release) I still find myself wondering why it takes five or six passes to defrag, when most defrag tools take two max.
I don't know, but I like the way you can select just the fragmented files to be defragged. It's pretty fast when used that way, though it's not fast at all when you do a complete defrag with it. Seems to do a good job, though.

I haven't gotten around to trying Auslogics Disk Defrag yet, got Defraggler when I was testing the Firefox 3 download manager and wanted a lot of small files to build a large download history. It is really small.

I may give JKDefrag a shot, too.

• Administrator

As for JkDefrag, one good reason not to add it yet is:

The "Prefetch\Layout.ini" file is not yet supported. This means that JkDefrag will undo the boot optimization of the built-in XP and Vista defragger.

Taken from the Known Issues section.

After trying Auslogics DiskDefrag, I'm not impressed by its speed. It seemed to do a similar job to Defraggler in "Defrag Checked" mode - it defrags the files where they are, without optimizing their placement - and takes longer to do it than Defraggler. Defraggler takes longer if you just press "Defrag", but you don't need to do that very often. There's no help files included, though, and no prompts to tell you how to use it properly. If not for that, I'd recommend it, but it fails on user-friendliness. Auslogics is pretty good, and it won't give noobs any problems.

Also tried JkDefrag, which could probably scare noobies out of their wits. Very sophisticated optimization strategy, but it spends a very long time optimizing on first run. Faster the next time it's run. but I still don't think I'd want to do all that every day like they suggest. I like it better after installing a GUI for it; I can easily just defrag (which is fast) and skip the rest - maybe give it the full treatment once a week. You can also do that with the command line, but I'd rather not.

I couldn't see any change in bootup speed after running it; that may be a known issue, but it doesn't look like a big issue to me. I'll have to try a stopwatch on it... I think you're right, though; it doesn't belong in the Toolkit.

Here is a program you may want to take a look at, CleanMem v.1.2.1 http://www.pcwintech.com/node/145

This is from the developer

Cleanmem is a tool I wrote for my customers and have used it on their systems for the past few years, and decided to release it on the net. If you have any problems please let me know either by the contact page or the forums!The program will install and set it to run every 30 min via the windows task scheduler You can change this to any amount of time you like by simply going to the task scheduler in windows and changing any of the options you like.

Install it and your done! The program doesn't run in the back ground, once it does its job it closes and doesn't run again until the task scheduler runs it.

The program is very simple to operate as it will run and clean the memory out of all processes it can, without any user input.

Some anti viruses and such protect their processes so of course cleanmem can't touch those.

This doesn't work like other memory cleaners that do nothing but force windows to free up memory by using up all the avail. memory.

This old trick then causes your system to lag big time!

Cleanmem works in a matter of about 5 sec. It uses a windows api call that is in Windows 2000,xp,2003,Vista & 2008

that tells windows to cleanup the workspace of a processes thus freeing up any memory the process no longer needs. Other memory cleaners end up forcing the memory into the page file slowing down your system.

This tool does not. The API call frees up unused memory from programs, when a program needs the memory again it can simply take it back instead of forcing the memory out of ram and into the page file.A good example is this, say you have QuickBooks installed and setup for multi user mode.

The QuickBooks service takes 37mb of memory just sitting there! when cleanmem is ran it uses only 600kb

and wont grow again until it actually is used. The same goes for all processes.

If a processes needs more memory it gets it back in a sec, I have it set to run every 30 min in the windows task scheduler.

You wont notice any performance hit of any kind even when pushing your system to the max playing a heavy 3d game (In my case I tested it playing Age Of Conan)

So basically set it and forget it, memory leaks from programs will be a thing of the past with this tool.

If you need to run it manually you can simply make a shortcut to it in the system32 dir, or just open your run command

and type in cleanmem and hit ok!

To see when it works just open the task manager and click on the processes tab.

Run the program and then in 5 sec watch the memory from all the processes drop :-)

This tool is free.

Take care!

-Shane

• 2 weeks later...

I checked boot speed after JkDefrag vs Windows Defragmenter, as I talked about previously. I defragged each night before shutting down, alternating between the two, then timed the first boot-up the next day; when I had 4 trials for each I averaged the results. As I suspected, the difference wasn't large; from pressing the power button to the Welcome Screen - Windows 1:26.5, JkDefrag 1:27.25; from click username to the hourglass disappearing - Windows 52.25, JkDefrag :55. That makes the total difference 3 sec.- hardly significant.

I still like Defraggler for daily defragging, though; it's the fastest. Haven't checked its effect on boot-up time, but I have no reason to think it's an issue.

• 1 month later...

Hey all.. new here... like the idea of the program, and I think it makes my work a lot easier.

That said, here are a few suggestions from me:

I will triple the request for ATF Cleaner (it does a better job than ccleaner still)

PC Decrapifier (maybe it is time to release a general public version (for every day users) and a repair tech version so the knowledged can get a more admin like package)

Glary Utilities -

COMODO Registry Cleaner - better registry cleaner than CCleaners

Revo Uninstaller - cleans the registry as you delete software

Avast Cleaner - no the antivirus, the stand alone cleaner

an anti-rootkit: panda, sophos or rootkit revealer

SmitFraudFix

Simple Suggestion

I use this tool all the time to download much of the software I carry on my usb stick. Would it be possible to have the download

1) check what the newest version of the software is

2) check to see if you have the newest version

and

3) only download what your folder does not have, replacing the old version with the new version

Hello Tarun , I want to suggest these appz/updates on Anti-malware Toolkit

First , definitons for Superantispyware :

http://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASDEFINITIONS.EXE ( refer http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html )

:jump:

And for defrag , I´ve tested alot of appz and choose SmartDefrag as best.... (freeware)

try this...

http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html

http://www.iobit.com/Images/isdcompare.gif

thanks and good job on this new downloader Version :jump:

• Administrator

Hey all.. new here... like the idea of the program, and I think it makes my work a lot easier.

That said, here are a few suggestions from me:

I will triple the request for ATF Cleaner (it does a better job than ccleaner still)

PC Decrapifier (maybe it is time to release a general public version (for every day users) and a repair tech version so the knowledged can get a more admin like package)

Glary Utilities -

COMODO Registry Cleaner - better registry cleaner than CCleaners

Revo Uninstaller - cleans the registry as you delete software

Avast Cleaner - no the antivirus, the stand alone cleaner

an anti-rootkit: panda, sophos or rootkit revealer

SmitFraudFix

Hi geekhelp4u welcome to Lunarsoft! I'll look into some of the programs.

After doing a quick search the avast cleaner seems quite out of date.

I'll look into Comodo's Registry Cleaner a bit more, though Mark Russinovich has mentioned these sort of things - like RAM optimizers - are redundant.

SmitFraudFix has been requested a few times but the reason I have no added it is because it exists in MBAM.

I'll check some of these out such as ATF and Glary. I've used Revo many times and it does have some nice features, though I do not see it being necessary to add into the Anti-Malware Toolkit.

Simple Suggestion

I use this tool all the time to download much of the software I carry on my usb stick. Would it be possible to have the download

1) check what the newest version of the software is

2) check to see if you have the newest version

and

3) only download what your folder does not have, replacing the old version with the new version

Version checking is being looked into if the program is installed or not.

Right now it will overwrite files when you download them. So files with the same file name will be overwritten and replaced with the version you download.

Hello Tarun , I want to suggest these appz/updates on Anti-malware Toolkit

First , definitons for Superantispyware :

http://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASDEFINITIONS.EXE ( refer http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html )

:jump:

And for defrag , I´ve tested alot of appz and choose SmartDefrag as best.... (freeware)

try this...

http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html

http://www.iobit.com/Images/isdcompare.gif

thanks and good job on this new downloader Version :jump:

Welcome to Lunarsoft Scouty! Thank you very much for the SUPERAntiSpyware defs, I had been looking for them. I'll add them in right now. I'll also look into ioBit SmartDefrag.

Thank you so much for the feedback, I'm always happy to see that my application is helping others. :jump: