• Administrator

The cable network is so pleased with Ball and company that, Ball relates, “I just closed a deal to show-run [True Blood] for two more seasons, so I would assume that [the series is at minimum] going through Season Four.”

What does Ball feel is important to preserve from Harris’ books? “The main story is the same. We diverge mostly in the secondary characters. The books are sort of Sookie’s story, what happens to her. The other characters disappear if they’re not in a scene with her. And so we have diverged, certainly in the storylines for Tara [played by Rutina Wesley] and Lafayette [played by Nelsan Ellis], but we’ve tried to remain very true to the spirit of the world.”

“I think we’re always going to use the books as sort of a foundation, but I just don’t see how, as time goes on, you can’t diverge from them a little bit more each season. I don’t know, though. We’re starting to work on Season Three and we actually are really, really sticking to the books, at the beginning at least.”

“I don’t want it ever to become a show about effects. We don’t have the time or the money to do a show about effects, and I’m getting tired of stuff where it’s all about the CGI and the characters are secondary. I always wanted the effects to be minimal, just enough to suggest. I think a lot of times it’s a little scarier to leave the effects to your imagination.”

“Season Three is a big Eric [the vampire played by Alexander Skarsgard] season and Season Four is really big for Eric’s character, according to the books.”

Read the full article at the Source

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is one H*E*L*L*U*V*A large pic - 3200x2175 :)

I don't have any of the pay channels so I can't watch the series but it is nice to look forward to a fun escape every week. I think the last series I looked forward to was The X-Files. I preferred the original cast (Mulder & Scully) over the cast that came on later, and I saw the movies in the theater. In 1998 when the first feature-length movie came out I spent all day trying to get someone to go see it with me, at about 10pm opening night I said - "OK, I'll go by myself" - it was the best time I had watching a movie in a long time. There were maybe 30 people in the theater, and I didn't have to answer questions about the series, I could watch the movie in peace and quiet. :)

• Administrator

True Blood Renewed For 4th Season!

HBO has renewed the hit show "True Blood" for a 12-episode fourth season, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming. Created by Alan Ball, the series will begin production of new episodes early next year in Los Angeles, with debut set for summer 2011.

"The new season of 'True Blood' is off to a terrific start, as enthusiasm for this unique show continues to build among both subscribers and critics," noted Lombardo. "We're looking forward to more chills from Alan Ball and his gifted team next year."

"I am beyond thrilled to be able to continue working with this amazing cast and crew," says Ball. "This is the most fun I have ever had."

Mixing romance, suspense, mystery and humor, "True Blood" takes place in the not-too-distant future, when vampires have come out of the coffin, thanks to the invention of mass-produced synthetic blood that means they no longer need humans as a nutritional source. The show follows the romance between waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), who can hear people's thoughts, and her boyfriend, 173-year-old vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), who went missing at the end of season two, and is now the object of a frantic search. Alan Ball (creator of the Emmy-winning HBO series "Six Feet Under") created and executive produces the show, which is based on the best-selling Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...