• Administrator

The show details the fictional co-existence of vampires and humans in a small Louisiana town after Japanese-made synthetic blood "TruBlood" becomes available for purchase. Anna Paquin stars as Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic waitress at a diner who falls in love with one of the vampires, Bill Compton (portrayed by Stephen Moyer).

-----

This show is really good. It really redefines vampires and everything you ever knew about them. Anyone else seen this awesome series?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

This coming Sunday you can catch the first three episodes if you missed them. Now you have a chance to jump on the bandwagon with the rest of us fans!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Make Tru Blood Your Beverage Of Choice, Bottled Blood In Stores Soon I’m kind of shocked this hadn’t already been done. The Tru Blood panel is currently underway in San Diego at Comic Con, and according to our intrepid reporter Ed Perkis, the biggest announcement so far was that you’ll soon be able to drink Tru Blood in your home.

Those who watch the show know that it takes its title from a drink, a synthetic beverage guzzled by vampires on the show as a way to keep from biting people’s necks. On September 10th, you’ll be able to start buying Tru Blood in stores and technically, it’ll actually contain blood. Blood oranges that is. They’re squeezing the juice out of the appropriately named (and particularly tasty) fruit and, presumably dying it a deep red before pouring it in bottles. Drink up and vamp out.

Apparently it's going to be an orange soda.

• Administrator

This had to be the funniest part of the last episode.

Andy scares Lafayette so badly with a threat that he sees Eric's face instead of Andy's face. Pure gold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3raheV2rE6Q&fmt=18

• Administrator

Someone got lucky!

AND!

Breaking news from the Television Critics Assoc. press tour in Pasadena, Calif.: HBO just announced that it has picked up True Blood for a third season!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

True Blood continues to pick up new fangs, er, fans. Sunday’s episode attracted 4.4 million viewers, a new series high. That breezes past the old record of 4.3 million viewers, which was notched the previous week.

• Administrator

Last nights episode was another one that was a bit bland, working up some thoughts to the next episode.

Sookie unintentionally drank some of Eric's blood and now the two are linked. This should be interesting to see.

Godric was a 2000+ year old vampire who took his own life in last nights episode which was very surprising. I thought he would just disappear since it was the last episode he was in. Though the sequence of the sun rising with them on the roof was interesting. His death sequence was very well done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Well, the book is out there, so I'm not giving anything away when I say that we'll meet the Vampire King of Mississippi, Russell Edgington. And we'll encounter werewolves for the first time in the flesh; we've heard about them, but we'll meet them. I'm very excited about the character of Debbie Pelt. She's bad news.

There's also talk that it was werewolves who took Bill. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

In what would be a boon to Sookie-Eric fans, True Blood boss Alan Ball isn’t ruling out incorporating a major (and controversial) plot point from the books that, up to now, has only been hinted at in the series (spoiler alert):

That Bill came to Bon Temps and seduced Sookie with the ulterior motive of getting her to work for Queen Sophie-Anne.

“It’s certainly something that I found really compelling in the books,” says Ball of Bill’s deep dark secret. “I was like, ‘Wow.’ But I can’t really tell you what I’m going to do story-wise. So much of the appeal of the show depends on the element of surprise.”

Bill-Sookie shippers are no doubt hoping Ball opts not to go there. In addition to driving a stake through the heart of their favorite couple, it could push Sookie into the arms of Eric.

"I try to stay out of how the fans are responding to the show," says Ball. "I have to tell the story that I think is the most interesting story. Certainly, the main ingredient in drama is conflict and revelations. For every person who loves Bill and wants him and Sookie to just be in love always, there's another person who's like, ‘I'm sick of Bill. He’s such a wuss. I like Eric. He's dangerous.’ Especially when you're working on a show like this with the kind of palette and the colors you use; you want it to be continually surprising and shocking. Not for the sake of being shocking, but that's part of the fun."

EW

Stephen Moyer says that the third season of the hit series will be heavy on the werewolf action. [shockTillYouDrop]

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

For a backwater burg with only a single watering hole, Bon Temps sure does have a lot of colorful characters passing in and out (well, those that end up making it out). Case in point: Check out the motley crew Alan Ball and Co. are introducing in season 3 (premiering next summer). While Ball teased some of these arrivals in my recent Q&A, there’s nothing like sinking your teeth into the actual casting notices.

* Tommy Mickens is a grungy but handsome man in his early ‘20s who just so happens to be Sam Merlotte’s long-lost younger brother. Apparently, at some point he’ll be showing his unadorned backside, which, with Sam’s similar feral tendency towards the “full moon,” proves that they really must be related after all.

* After his mysterious abduction, Bill finds himself with the latest addition to the True Blood Gallery of Impossibly Attractive Male Vampires (or the TBGIAMV). Talbot, a bitingly (har har) sarcastic vampire with a model’s looks, will appear starting in the second episode as a guide of sorts for the kidnapped vamp.

* More news on the PYT front is the appearance of Jesus Velasquez, an unordinary orderly with a heart to match his good looks.

* In a friendly bit of one-upmanship, Tara gets her very own over-protective vampire buddy. And a “sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy” one at that. That’s right, four sexys. Eat that, Sookie. The neckbiter, Franklin Mott, is also clearly in the running for TBGIAMV status.

* We’ve had vampires, shape-shifters, and demi-gods, and now the next supernatural spook to waltz through Louisiana is…rednecks?! Well, maybe they aren’t so unearthly, but they can sure pack a punch and we can expect a group of them, led by a guy named Coot (of course), to unleash their mobile home magic on some of our dear characters.

* Jason Stackhouse will find that his notoriously limitless libido has taken a hit, when two NYU girls, Jen and Missy, ménage à try to get him into the sack to little avail.

* Yvetta, Fangtasia’s new Czechoslovakian dancer, is tremendously hot and comfortable being in the buff. Oh, and she makes lots of sexy time with Eric. (Don’t shoot the messenger!)

* Tara’s ever-distraught mom turns to the church for comfort (and maybe a little more) in the form of the honorable Reverend Daniels.