Agnitum offer

Tarun

• Administrator

Agnitum, the makers of Outpost Firewall Pro, have a contest going on right now for users of the Windows 7 beta/RC.

Those of you who decided to try the new OS and get your PC protected with Outpost 6.7 can give us a shot about how Agnitum's solution dealt with security issues in the new environment.

Your story can be of any length, but it should be something we can publish on our website - no bad language or libel, please! The ten best stories will be published on our website and will win for each of their authors a free lifetime license for Outpost Security Suite Pro.

You can submit your entry here.

I wonder how many people actually use firewalls on vista/7 (xp is limited but good enough).

I haven't heard any massive complaints about windows 7's firewall... I wonder if the companies whose main product is windows firewalls will still be around in a few years.

They should move on to cheap hardware based firewalls that cant do stuff that router firewalls cant.

• Administrator

I would think there would always be a need for a software firewall. I use one solely because I like to see my network traffic and control it if necessary.

Archived