May Desktop 2006

there's a particular joke with my sig. try to find out the joke.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

::puts on his old man voice::

Son, you're playing catch up here with the 10 = 2 binary joke. Some of us have dabbled with binary way before Windoze was even thought of....... :D

Cheers :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's not like a lot of people here could figure out that 10 was meant in Binary and not Decimal though :wish:

also, here's my new desktop.

Clean:

sshot41fh.th.png

Messy:

sshot58qv.th.png

This is mine, with 2 different color schemes. I thought a found a cool program that allows you to change the transparency of the Taskbar but you have to reset it every time the PC restarts. Does anyone know how to change the Taskbar to a black background without installing a new theme?

pnblackdesktop9mw.th.jpg

bluepndesktop8yt.th.jpg

i don't know if he's using the same one but, TransBar works like a charm.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Transbar is a CPU alert! I used it and it nearly froze my computer. I would use Glass2k or.. whatever it's called :wish:

you have to change the theme to change the taskbar to black. alternatively, you could probably hack the theme file but that might be a little advanced.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Mangix! I found a theme with a black Taskbar and it's just what I wanted. I also finally noticed Transbar has an option to "Launch Transbar when Windows starts" which so far has been working well.

desktoppnblacktaskbar1ud.th.jpg

Themes is messed up on my PC [WindowsXP SP2] but I finally got it to work by doubleclicking the "VistaCG.msstyles" icon in the Themes folder. Is this normal? The VistaCG theme wouldn't show up in any of the Display, Desktop, or Appearance options. This is a pic of my Display options box. Notice the two Themes tabs the second one which has Win98 themes that don't work with XP, lol.

2themes5ak.th.jpg

Thanks again, u da man! punk.gif

• Administrator

Themes is messed up on my PC [WindowsXP SP2] but I finally got it to work by doubleclicking the "VistaCG.msstyles" icon in the Themes folder. Is this normal? The VistaCG theme wouldn't show up in any of the Display, Desktop, or Appearance options. This is a pic of my Display options box. Notice the two Themes tabs the second one which has Win98 themes that don't work with XP, lol.

Thanks again, u da man!

Looks like you installed some kind of software for themes. That's why you've got a second tab. :wish:

2themes5ak.th.jpg

Thanks again, u da man! punk.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like you installed some kind of software for themes. That's why you've got a second tab. :wish:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep... shifty.gif

• 2 weeks later...