Website down?

Guest Jim H

Guest Jim H

Is/ are the download side of the website(s) down? I have tried at home, work & the Library, all go to the download & then get the IE Error message that the webpage is not available. This is on the main as well as the mirror site.

• 1 month later...
Guest hsrstud

"Guest, encourage further development by sending a donation to the developer DjLizard."

I'm confused by this recommendation, since the author has said pretty clear he/she is not going to support the project any longer. Why should I give money to the developer if the likelihood of the developer updating the program for newer Windows operating systems is pretty much non-existent.

I hope what I wrote doesn't come across as snarky. I'm seriously wondering what impact sending a donation would have on the program being updated for Vista and Windows 7 now. I was a huge fan of the program when I had Windows XP. It saved me more than once. In fact, I first heard about the program when a Windows technician asked me to use it to fix XP. I would much prefer the program cost something, than to see the project continue to languish. With the improvements in Windows 7, I think very few people will benefit from this program remaining free (and not updated) as most folks transition to the new operating system.

Archived