Oak Ridge Supercomputer

They're using AMD procs!  How kick-a** is that?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey...that lab is in Tennessee. What would you expect a bunch of rednecks to use. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!! Grrrrr! That's a pretty touchy thing to say to a guy who just shelled out for an AMD Athlon X2 4200+.

Intel used to be the top dogs, but right now they are last year's news. And guess who's 64-bit architecture MS wrote their code for? (and as a hint, I'll tell you it wasn't Intel :P )

See, us "hicks" don't appreciate our CPUs melting and running all over our shiny new motherboards, unlike you silly Intel boys. :D

They're using AMD procs!  How kick-a** is that?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey...that lab is in Tennessee. What would you expect a bunch of rednecks to use. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!! Grrrrr! That's a pretty touchy thing to say to a guy who just shelled out for an AMD Athlon X2 4200+.

Intel used to be the top dogs, but right now they are last year's news. And guess who's 64-bit architecture MS wrote their code for? (and as a hint, I'll tell you it wasn't Intel :D )

See, us "hicks" don't appreciate our CPUs melting and running all over our shiny new motherboards, unlike you silly Intel boys. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thought that would get your goat. :lol::lol:

AMD's CPUs may handle radiation better. I live in Tn. and they allow deer hunting on their property at Oak Ridge. If you kill a deer, they check it's radiation levels before they let you take it home. :P

Thought that would get your goat.  :P   :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed! Goat thoroughly gotten. :lol:

AMD's CPUs may handle radiation better. I live in Tn. and they allow deer hunting on their property at Oak Ridge. If you kill a deer, they check it's radiation levels before they let you take it home.  :P

Are you forizzle?! That is grotesque! I had a friend send me a picture of an 8-legged deer a while back (I'm dead serious)! Must have been from your neck of the woods...

Thought that would get your goat.  :P   :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed! Goat thoroughly gotten. :lol:

AMD's CPUs may handle radiation better. I live in Tn. and they allow deer hunting on their property at Oak Ridge. If you kill a deer, they check it's radiation levels before they let you take it home.  :P
Are you forizzle?! That is grotesque! I had a friend send me a picture of an 8-legged deer a while back (I'm dead serious)! Must have been from your neck of the woods...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No shat. Copied this from a Oak Ridge Labs PDF that list some of their rules for deer hunting. Sorta glad we're on opposite ends of the state. :lol:

post-49-1150944162_thumb.jpg