[RESOLVED] Error 1114

Guest bilestoad

Guest bilestoad

Hello

I've recently started to receive the following message from Dial-A-Fix when the Object Linking Libraries (OLE) section is ticked.

I'm using Dial-a-fix-v0.60.0.24

Error 1114 while calling LoadLibrary(C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\Ole DB\sqlxmlx.dll). The error text is: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

. The file version is: 08.00.1117

I've tried:

1. Purging and then running System File Checker. (Everything is fine.)

2. Checked restrictive repair policies. (there aren't any)

As far as I can recall I haven't made any changes to my system, although something must have changed. The only thing I can think of was the last rounds of updates from Microsoft.

I'm using windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 with all the updates.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

See if you have the file sqlxmlx.rll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\Ole DB\. (Note the .rll versus .dll extension.) If you don't have the .rll file, you can find it in the i386 folder on the Windows CD (as either sqlxmlx.rll or sqlxmlx.rl_, I can't remember which).

Once you replace the .rll file, you can register the .dll file. A check for this will be in the next version of Dial-a-fix.

Guest bilestoad

See if you have the file sqlxmlx.rll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\Ole DB\. (Note the .rll versus .dll extension.) If you don't have the .rll file, you can find it in the i386 folder on the Windows CD (as either sqlxmlx.rll or sqlxmlx.rl_, I can't remember which).

Once you replace the .rll file, you can register the .dll file. A check for this will be in the next version of Dial-a-fix.

That did the trick. Thank-you

• 4 months later...

hmmm this is antoher person who read this forum and has the same error as this i have all the same pereferals as this person who origianally ahd the question. SFC is fine and no restrictive policies, no recent changes taht woudl cause this error. (i have the same wexact same error with the exact same scenario. i wonder do i put the sqlxmlx.RL_ in the same folder the OLE\DB\ from the installation CD or what. dial-afix is a great program and i have never had many problems with it. if anythign the probs with it were my comp itself which your wonderful program fixed ty

Archived