Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and....

Ryan

If you were planning on seeing The Chronicles of Narnia, I would say wait for it to come out to DVD before you spend the ten bucks to see it in the theatre. THough it has OK cgi, (not the best), it is one of those movies I can't bring myself to say it sucks (because I love cgi and fantasy), but at the same time, it lacks a good storyline, and there is only one major battle scene which is actually quite disappointing. But, once again, the reluctance to say it sucks sets in. THere are some lovable characters ranging from a noble talking lion, a sly fox (which unfortunately doesn't have a big part), a beaver couple which constantly bicker (my favourite characters) and a fawn named Tumnus. Overall, the movie still contains that magical imaginative aspect of movies in its genre (as well as books which are always better than the movie), wasn't that great, a little disappointing, yet, watchable. Definitely worth the five dollar rental, but not the ten dollar theatre view.

Btw, the movie is an adaptation from Caroll S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

Your friend,

Ryan

I intend on seeing it. I read the book (along with lord of the rings) in elementary school. Lewis and Tolkien were actually friends, so if you see similarities between the two contemporaries, this is why.

on a side note, the narnia movie was made into a movie in 90, and the lotr was made into a cartoon in the seventies. I got them all, including the lotr record, books and have even seen the plays (including the hobbit-circa 1937).

These are what started the whole dungeons and dragons sort of thing (for you young wippersnappers, i believe it is wizards of the coast that owns the rights now). Gygax (one of d and d founders) was a visionary in creating a lotr kind of game.

Lets wait and see if they make a Thieves World movie. :cuddle:

• 2 weeks later...