Lexar recalls dangerous flash drives

Lexar Media Inc. yesterday recalled certain flash memory drives made in China over fears they could overheat and burn users or cause property damage.

In a joint statement with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Lexar said consumers should stop using the affected products immediately and contact Lexar for a free replacement.

The recall involves about 66,000 devices from Lexar's JumpDrive FireFly family of flash drives, and the metallic silver colored 1GB JumpDrive Secure II.

1z6z539.png Source: ComputerWorld News

OH, GREAT.......just plug your Lexar flash drive into your Dell laptop and you'll get a miniature Chernobyl. As the entire mess slowly sizzles and pops, you pull out your cell phone, to call fire department, and it's battery explodes!!!

I'm seriously thinking about joining the Amish. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a horse and buggy? :sick:

OH, GREAT.......just plug your Lexar flash drive into your Dell laptop and you'll get a miniature Chernobyl. As the entire mess slowly sizzles and pops, you pull out your cell phone, to call fire department, and it's battery explodes!!!

I'm seriously thinking about joining the Amish. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a horse and buggy?  ;P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ROFLMAO

You know you're going to have to change your sig now don't you?

From Sniper to "Mr Doom & Gloom" ;P

Cheers :sick: