DVD Recorder/Player with Tape

Mudd

I'm trying to find a good DVD Recorder/Player with VHS. The old Grouch has a ton of VHS tapes that she wants to put on DVDs. I really don't know enough to just jump in and buy one. Looking for recommendations. Brand doesn't matter to me, just want a good one.

I've heard about the "Commercial Skip" and being able to Edit out bad places. Would like to have one to do that. Also would like one to play HD DVDs. I have a TV that is HD. Also any other goodies that one might need.

I'm an Old F**t that has very little knowledge about technology. I've tried to keep up but stay behind. I burn disks OK, can get around the PC, usually with good results.

Also, would want one that uses both +R and -R. RAM is of no interest.

Anybody willing to give me a lead? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Mudd

Sorry Mudd, but I am not going to be of any help here.

I have not used a video recorder for years, let alone a new one that has DVD recording capabilities.

I would just go for the cheapest that you can get that does all that you want, after all once you have transfered all your videos to DVD then the video side of it will be redundant, so it would not matter if it stops working soon after that, then you could just concentrate on getting a good DVD player.

Saying that though, you might of hooked your computer up to your TV by then anyway, and could just watch your DVD's through the computer.

Sorry Mudd, but I am not going to be of any help here.

I have not used a video recorder for years, let alone a new one that has DVD recording capabilities.

I would just go for the cheapest that you can get that does all that you want, after all once you have transfered all your videos to DVD then the video side of it will be redundant, so it would not matter if it stops working soon after that, then you could just concentrate on getting a good DVD player.

Saying that though, you might of hooked your computer up to your TV by then anyway, and could just watch your DVD's through the computer.

Thanks CaPMan.

Grouch found what she thought she wanted but after looking at the specs it wouldn't play High Definition disks and she has a HD capable TV. Will keep looking. Thanks again.