Running Dial a Fix

Guest Bob Taylor

Guest Bob Taylor

I was recommend to run Dial a Fix by Microsoft Windows XP Update support as I am unable to install the latest security updates, but Dial a fix is stalling on "Unregistering scardssp,dll". also I am getting a window appearing from Windows Installer about installing a fax and scan.

Can you help me please?

• Administrator

Hi Bob; what version of Dial-a-fix are you running? Microsoft was referencing an older version (0.57) a while back; that's why it's good to say what version you're running. :happybday:

Guest Bob Taylor

Hi Bob; what version of Dial-a-fix are you running? Microsoft was referencing an older version (0.57) a while back; that's why it's good to say what version you're running. :happybday:

I am using v.60.0.24

You will need to identify the package that is appearing (using MSICUU) and remove it. (Then, of course, you'd have to reinstall whatever that package belongs to.)

You can download MSICUU here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

MSICUU will remove this program from the registry completely (as if it is uninstalled) but the files that belong to this package will remain (i.e., somewhere in Program Files).

I can tell you from experience that it is extremely likely that the MSI package in question belongs to HP AiO printer/scanner/fax software.

Archived