Add/Remove doesn't display all programs...

RakuPL

Hello!

My problem is that either in ccleaner or add/remove not all apps are displayed although they are installed. It happened about two weeks ago and programs installed after it happened are in the list and there is no problem in uninstalling them. Other I have to search for uninstaller or do it from the start menu. Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks! ;)

Did you use any other sort of registry cleaner about 2 weeks ago?

Chances are you did, and for some reason it was a bit over zealous in what it cleaned, meaning it has cleaned the registry entries that Add/Remove relies on to create the list of uninstallers.

I know I am only assuming at the moment, but if I am right, did the registry cleaner create a back up that you could now restore?

-

Also,

Have you ever been into the registry?

If yes, are you comfortable in going in there?

If yes, start regedit, and navigate to the following key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]

Under this you should see many sub keys, clicking any of these will reveal a list of entries in the right hand pane, one of which would be the uninstall entry.

Have a look around in there, and see if the uninstall entries are there or not for the programs that are missing in Add/Remove.

WARNING - ENTERING AND EDITING THE REGISTRY WITHOUT CARE AND PROPER KNOWLEDGE CAN BE DANGEROUS, IF YOU ARE UNSURE THEN LEAVE WELL ALONE.

If you really want all your programs to be listed in Add/Remove rather than having to track down the uninstaller each time you want to remove one, then I'm sure the registry entries could be put back in manually.

This would, however, mean finding what programs do not have an entry at the moment, then finding out where the entry should point to, then actually recreating the entry.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived