OLEACC.dll Error

Guest Phil

Guest Phil

Many of my programs are not starting or functioning at all due to an error that states "This application has failed to start because OLEACC.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I've tried numerous tools to repair this problem but none have worked thus far. Any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently using WinXP.

Thanks.

oleacc.dll (Active Accessibility Core Component Library) - Details

The file oleacc.dll, is used by windows when working with Active Accessibility range of products. If oleacc.dll is unavailable, windows may not function correctly.

oleacc.dll is flagged as a system process and does not appear to be a security risk. However, removing Active Accessibility Core Component Library may adversly impact your system.

The Process Server database currently registers oleacc.dll to Microsoft.

This is part of Microsoft Windows Active Accessibility.

Source: http://www.auditmypc.com/process/oleacc.asp

While not directly a problem involving Dial-A-Fix, It should still be able to fix it.. So i'll leave it here unless Tarun wishes to move it, as This Forum is for Dial-A-Fix Support.

Solution:

I would first run Dial-A-Fix and hit the hammer icon in the lower right.

In that list, scroll to the bottom and do SFC Purge, then SFC Scan. You'll need your Windows XP CD if the file isn't found in the "%WinDir%\System32\Dllcache" folder.

If that doesn't work, you can try searching for the Oleacc.dll file either off another computer. Or from the internet. And then place the file in "%WinDir%\System32"

Heres Mine

Download: http://bio.pk-designs.com/oleacc.dll (will be going down sometime soon, host is moving to another server)

MD5 Hash: 5f2dbe3cb563741c8084657bf956ce64

Archived