As John+Paul sang Help I need Somebody

I have recently had good reason to reboot my XP OS. Since then tho' I have had a few probs, some of which I have managed to solve myself, the latest was 'update installation failure'. I got help from Microsoft for that via "Dial-a-fix, " worked brilliant.

NOW, since that problem started I have another which I considered less important, but now is at the top of my list. Sometimes when I am typing, more so when playing games, the letters/ sounds/ and mouse pointer "stutters", e.g. starts, then stops, starts again and so on, at a rate of around once per second. Can anyone tell me how to solve this, I know I should know,but after all my probs lately my brain hurts when trying to find the source of the error, I,m presuming it to be an error in my settings somewhere.

HELP before I go completely MAAAADDD????? dizzy.png

Welcome to Lunarsoft Benji-b! :)

Are you using a PS/2 or USB keyboard/mouse?

:) Hi Tarun, Actually I am using a Time wireless keyboard, the same one I was using before I started having probs.

Iwouldn,t have thought it would affect the sound as well, would it?

It,s a cordless Multi-media + Internet Keyboard, Model K80500 if that makes any difference.

Welcome to Lunarsoft Benji-b! :)

Are you using a PS/2 or USB keyboard/mouse?

:) Hi Tarun, Actually I am using a Time wireless keyboard, the same one I was using before I started having probs.

Iwouldn,t have thought it would affect the sound as well, would it?

It,s a cordless Multi-media + Internet Keyboard, Model K80500 if that makes any difference.

Soz, I am also using a USB optical mouse again one I was using prior to the prob. I don,t use the cordless mouse cos I got sick of changing batteries, whereas the keyboard has had the same ones for more than a year, and still works well for now.

• Administrator

As a start, just a few things to consider/try:

Fresh batteries for the keyboard.

Try a PS/2 keyboard and mouse.

Also if you have another computer, try your current setup on another pc.

Have you recently installed any new software/hardware or updated drivers recently?

both the keyboard AND the mouse are 'PS/"' type or compatible,

the only 'new' software was updated on existing software,

I will try new batteries but I am still confused as to how this will also affect the sound so any voices sound like 'MAX HEADROOM' if you remember him.

the cordless keyboard is connected, via wireless reciever, to PS/2 connector

the mouse is a usb, optical

Actually these are the only keyboard and mouse I have my pension isn,t enough to keep renewing gear all the time.

it,s 11.20 here so I am going to bed. Hope to hear so resolves tomorrow.

If you can, borrow a working keyboard and mouse from a friend and see if you experience any of those issues.

I have and there is no difference, I am 99% certain the fualt is in the software/settings not a keyboard/mouse conflict, which I assume you were suggesting.

This is going nowhere, it looks like I will have to go back onto Microsft and see if their bods can help.

• Administrator

I'm sorry you feel you need to go back to Microsoft to see if they can assist further. Unfortunately debunking an issue over the Internet is not always easy and a lot of information is needed to really see what all is going on and what the root of the issue is. The more information that you post telling us about your setup, the better it is for everyone to help solve the problem.

I've not yet seen any information as to who makes the keyboard/mouse either. That can help determine if it may be a software issue with special feature drivers for the keyboard/mouse, or the problem is caused by another issue. Also the games and other software that issues have been noticed the most have not been mentioned. There may be updates relating to issues you're experiencing for those software.

Here's an example of my setup:

Gateway 104 keys KB0401 keyboard with multimedia keys connected via PS2. - Link

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 USB/PS2 compatible connected via USB - Link - Intellimouse software installed.

Hope this helps :)