WIN98

TexasFilly

Ok, no one seems to have this OS sooooooo thought I'd ask a question LOL

My Mother (bless her heart) still has WIN 98 second addition (I'm going to fix that when I can) and she is NOT on the internet at this time as DAD got the NEW computer. :hello:

She plays a game called Mahjong all the time on her computer, that was downloaded quite awhile back. She'll be playing for awhile and then she keeps getting the below and others errors that I don't remember. I usually just have her set her desktop back, and reboot and then she's good to go for awhile longer. I'm just wondering if maybe there is a memory leak in the computer? Or what is going on? I have reinstalled 98 2nd several times on that computer and it just won't quite act right. Also I ran every spyware thing she had on there before I deleted them since she's not on the net yet.

WUSB11B caused invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.dll

You may wish to apply the Unofficial SP2 for Windows 98.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Used this for the first time today on a comp that I upgraded from 98 to 98se yesterday, it worked well and very quick as well.

Only downside was I had to use my official Microsoft Update CD afterwards to update Media Player from 7.1 to 9.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I never knew somebody would develop a Service Pack for 98. but it's a great Idea. 98SE is still a good OS's by the way. But the main downside of it is that it has no drivers. I would make a Back up CD with Drivers of Videos cards and Wireless or.. Ethernet Adpaters.

WUSB11B caused invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.dll

If she's not on the internet, you might as well get rid of the wireless card (if not already) and uninstall the WLAN/Wireless driver (that's what that file belongs to) in Add/Remove Programs.

If she's not on the internet, you might as well get rid of the wireless card (if not already) and uninstall the WLAN/Wireless driver (that's what that file belongs to) in Add/Remove Programs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I plan to get her back on the internet, it's just that her 98 2nd edition, I think has a memory leak and S*** keeps happening. I've not had time to go out there and fix it for them just yet. Course she got that error without being on the internet. She was just playing her game. When I have a chance I'll get them back on the network and see if it comes up again.

Thanks DjLizard and all :lmao:

The internet wouldn't be much fun anyway with constant "WUSB11B caused invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.dll"  errors.  Retreive a newer version from the manufacturer's website and then uninstall it and install the new one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

COOL THANKS DJ :hello:

Archived