JavaRa 1.13

Guest melboy

Which old version of Java does JavaRa now remove up to? JRE 6 update 10 or previous to that?

Up to JRE 6 update 7--updates after that (i.e. 6u10, 6u11) are all in a self-contained "jre6" folder that is overwritten if a new JRE is installed.

Not sure if it's really an issue or not and maybe someone has tested it already.

As an example when someone has say like version 1.x, 2.x, 6.xx and so one with like maybe half a dozen or more of the older versions. They then come along and update to version 6.10 or 6.11 now and still have all those old versions.

Will JavaRa remove ALL the previous versions and leave the 6.10 or 6.11 there and if so is it FULLY operational or has it potentially been damaged in the Registry or File structure by manually removing one or more of the prior versions and a FRESH 6.11 install would now be best ?

Not sure if it's really an issue or not and maybe someone has tested it already.

As an example when someone has say like version 1.x, 2.x, 6.xx and so one with like maybe half a dozen or more of the older versions. They then come along and update to version 6.10 or 6.11 now and still have all those old versions.

Will JavaRa remove ALL the previous versions and leave the 6.10 or 6.11 there and if so is it FULLY operational or has it potentially been damaged in the Registry or File structure by manually removing one or more of the prior versions and a FRESH 6.11 install would now be best ?

It should be alright, I believe, but I have not tested this thoroughly myself -- a fresh 6u11 install might be in order for some folks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived