[Not-a-bug] Constant "AMT has encountered a problem and needs to close" errors

Go to solution Solved by Tarun,

Hi,

Using the current versionv 1.07.169 , and tried on a variety of Win2000sp4, WinXPsp3, VistaSP1, and Win7beta systems, from multiple locations, Broadband speeds, and ISPs, AMT constantly crashes with a GPF/UAE error, and the good ole Windows error box pops up... "AMT has encountered a problem and needs to close"

This can be during downloading various apps into the default local download dir. Occasionally AMT may complete without failure, esp if you only choose a small signature file to download.

I hate to say it, but this build appears very flaky and unable to cope very well with network delays, connection failures, download stalls, or some other transient internet download bottleneck/delay/pause/connection issue.

Is there any debug verbose log switch which can help to identify the cause of this AMT failure.

I cannot confirm whether this occurred with earlier versions, as I only very rarely used AMT before December

Many thanks

Yupo

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
  • Solution

I have been unable to reproduce this error, including testing on some Internet providers where the connection was not the best.

Since you seem to be experiencing network delays, connection failures, download stalls, or some other transient internet download bottleneck/delay/pause/connection issues; I highly recommend you contact your ISP to get that issue resolved.

This is not an AMT bug.