Dial Fix and Connection Probelms

kymora

Hi,

I downloaded your current Dial Fix program yesterday to fix the "Access Denied" error I was getting while trying to download XP Service Pack 3. After running the program and restarting I am know unable to connect to my email or internet. My wireless router is working. I went into DOS and did a ping test and was able to make a connection. Any idea what it removed or how to fix this? I am obviously not able to email you from my home as I cannot get onto the internet so I am unable to send you any information at this time. It did prompt me to do a "permissions" release or update - sorry don't have the software here to give you the right lingo.

Thank you for any help or guidance.

Kymora

• Administrator

Dial-a-fix can detect and repair any permissions that have been altered inappropriately. You may wish to scan your computer for malware if permissions are being changed without your consent. Please download my Anti-Malware Toolkit and get the Professional package. Then follow the directions in the PC Cleanup guide. After that, please post a HijackThis log.

Dial-a-fix can detect and repair any permissions that have been altered inappropriately. You may wish to scan your computer for malware if permissions are being changed without your consent. Please download my Anti-Malware Toolkit and get the Professional package. Then follow the directions in the PC Cleanup guide. After that, please post a HijackThis log.

I just want to clarify that you think now it is a malware problem; that Dial-a-fix didn't change or delete anything that would cause me to not make a connection with my email and internet?

Dial-a-fix doesn't do any harm to your system. It simply repairs and reset settings to default.

Okay so how then is it that after running the DAF rogram I have lost my connection in both email and the internet - but my router is working? Just trying to understand what I need to be doing as I am not a guru but I have some knowlegde. For instance before I did all of this I ran Adware, Spybot and CCleaner. I am a stickler about running these programs weekly. Any other advice?

• Administrator

Is your Internet issue isolated to just one browser (if you have more than one), or is the entire computer unable to access the Internet?

I still recommend posting a HijackThis log.

Is your Internet issue isolated to just one browser (if you have more than one), or is the entire computer unable to access the Internet?

I am having to contact you through another computer because I cannot figure out how to fix my connection. Any ideas on what happened and what I can do. I have lost connect with all browsers.

I am having to contact you through another computer because I cannot figure out how to fix my connection. Any ideas on what happened and what I can do. I have lost connect with all browsers.

I fix it. My wireless router was listed 2 times in DOS cmd- deleted one and the was no more conflict.

Archived