Windows Server 2003 invalid directory

dwetherby

I am getting a weird error on my Citrix server. For some reason Dial-a-Fix thinks that Windows and it's sub directories are located in the domain profile of the user (i.e. C:\d and s\administrator\windows). Does anyone know if there is a registry fix or a software fix for this problem? Cannot run Dial-a-fix on the citrix server until I can fix this problem. Help?!!?

Guest dwetherby

I see nothing in the path variables that would point daf to the wrong directory for C:\windows\system32 etc. Is there someplace I should look for these variables besides right click on My Computer, properties and advanced tab?

Sorry, I wasn't signed in when I last posted a reply. I have tried to run the app on my domain controller as well and I still get th same type of error "sc.exe was not found in C:\documents and settings\administrator.abington\windows\system32. This will severely affect Dial-a-fix's ability to configure services. Please extract this file from your installation media and restart Dial-a-fix. DAF will skip all SC commands until this file is present." It then repeats for a few other windows programs. I have downloaded the current version of the daf. It works on my workstations but for some reason not on my servers. Call me very confused.

• Administrator

Please post what your PATH and WINDIR environment variables are.

Straight from my server:

PATH: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem

WINDIR: C:\WINDOWS

• 4 weeks later...

Archived