Jump to content

Dial a Fix hangs


sag

Recommended Posts

I just installed Dial A Fix (Ver 0.60.0.24) and checked off all the sections to run...

Everything was going well till it got to SSL/HTTPS/Cryptography. It has been on this section for well over an hour and doesn't appear to be doing anything. It says it is closing the Cryptic service. I tried to cancel the operation and it is still canceling 30 min. later. Is it suppose to take this long to run when it gets to section 4?

sag

UPDATE

I figured out why DAF was hanging on Cryptography...I run ZA pro and apparently Truevector (vsmon.exe) is associated with it so since you can't stop vsmon DAF couldn't stop Cryptography. I turned ZA off and bingo...it went through just fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The log below is from the last...successful scan with ZA turned off.

By the way, I got an error 1114 and followed the advice of Djlizard to make sure that I had sqlxmlx.rll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\Ole DB\. I did, so I wasn't sure if this is serious enough error to deal with.

Also the Policies box popped up with two issues (see attachment) and again...I don't know if this is really an issue to deal with or not.

Thanks for the help.

Notes about this log:

1) "->" denotes an external command being executed, and "-> (number)" indicates

the return code from the previous command

2) Not all external command return codes are accurate, or useful

3) Sometimes commands return 0 (no error) even when they fail or crash

4) If an error occurs while registering an object, please send an email to:

dial-a-fix@DjLizard.net and include a copy of this log

DAF version: v0.60.0.24

--- System info ---

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3

IE version: 7.0.5730.13

MPC: 76487-076

CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz (~3080MHz)

CPU: 2 CPU cores present

BIOS: 6/20/2005

Memory (approx): 1022MB

Uptime: 0 hour(s)

Current directory: C:\Program Files\dial a fix\Dial-a-fix-v0.60.0.24

---

12/19/2009 5:45:51 PM -- Dial-a-fix : [v0.60.0.24] -- started

5:45:51 PM | Policy scan started

5:45:51 PM | The following restrictive policies were found:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Policies\Explorer\NoRecentDocsMenu

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Security_HKLM_only

post-1509-12612634729_thumb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The NoRecentDocsMenu policy is definitely not genuine, as Group Policy never puts anything other than a REG_DWORD there.

Wrong values are put there by Trojans and the MSFN unattended guide wrongly puts a REG_BINARY value there as well (along with a bunch of other stuff I wouldn't recommend either).

Also, these Policy keys are read-only unless you are an Administrator.

.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...