Update:

Process Explorer v15

Process Explorer v15 celebrates the release of the Sysinternals Administrator Reference and the upcoming 15th anniversary of Sysinternals. This major update to Process Explorer, a powerful tool for inspecting and controlling processes, threads, loaded DLLs, and more, adds GPU utilization and memory monitoring on Vista and higher. It also adds the ability to restart services, has a smaller memory footprint, and has visually cleaner performance graphs.

==>> See Post #1

If you're used to the System Information graphs in Process Explorer looking like previous versions, or like Task Manager, with a black background, then you're in for a big shock with version 15.0!

The task-bar (a.k.a System tray) icons are now all but invisible on a server: mid grey icon, mid-grey background, in a mid-grey task bar doesn't really show up at all. :no:

Anyone know where I can re-download the previous version?

Great! Thanks, for the link.

I thought I'd download it and save it before it disappears. Although FileHippo look like they have a complete list of old versions going back to version 10.2 from September 2006. In fact, their release history, with dates for about the last 30 releases, looks to be rather better than Microsoft/Sysinternals own.

For my other issue? Do you mean the CPU % (now deleted from my post)? If so, I realised soon after posting that what I was seeing was the process PID and the CPU %, more-or-less glued together as a string of numbers in the tool tip. After I noticed the very (very) slightly larger gap between two of the digits and cross-checked with the Process Explorer main screen I realised that it was a visual problem and not PE gone crazy, so removed my remark from the post. So, no, I wasn't reading 92.77 as 9277, but I was still reading it wrong.

Do you mean the CPU % (now deleted from my post)? If so, I realised soon after posting that what I was seeing was the process PID and the CPU %, more-or-less glued together

Yes. I wonder what your initial response would have been if you had a PID of say 1280 and a CPU of 9077 = 12809077 :phhbbtt:

The graphs do leave a bit to desire in PE but I like the look when viewing System Information in PE v1500 over v1412.

... http://www.kwikpiks..../137/pe1412.png

... http://www.kwikpiks..../137/pe1500.png

Yes. I wonder what your initial response would have been if you had a PID of say 1280 and a CPU of 9077 = 12809077 :phhbbtt:

:shocking: No, I'd never make that mistake -- I only have a PID of 1212 or 1296 :sweatdrop:

(The process percentage bit was reading 02 at the time so it was a bit more plausible)

I agree that the new graphs have a certain visual appeal (nice screen shots BTW) but that background is way, way too pale because it's identical to the general dialog box background colour.

If it was quite a bit darker (well, a LOT darker) I'd then rate it higher than the old version. The indicators on the left are better in 15.0. The old ones look very like a simulation of the LED volume level indicators on an older sound mixing desk.

OffTopic: What theme is that? Is it the Embedded? (like Royale only darker)

If so, is Embedded a digitally signed theme, with no Uxtheme patch required?

Update:

Process Explorer v15.01

This update adds the ability to select a custom graph background color, adds paged and nonpaged pool quota columns to the process view, fixes incorrect information on the disk and network process properties dialog on 32-bit Windows, and fixes a GPU tray icon bug.

TCPView v3.05

This update fixes a bug when sorting by the state column.

==>> See Post #1

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Process Explorer v15.02

Process Explorer v15.02 includes minor updates to the drawing routines.

Process Monitor v2.96

This release changes the appearance of its tooltips to the default theme, fixes a drawing bug in the treeview, and updates the graphs to match the style introduced in Process Explorer v15.

==>> See Post #1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

Autoruns v11

This update to Autoruns, a GUI and command-line tool that lists executables configured to run when you boot, logon or run common applications, adds a “jump to folder†command and several additional autostart locations. The command-line version, Autorunsc, adds a new switch to show file hashes and an option to display the autostart entries for all user accounts registered on a system.

Process Explorer v15.05

This update fixes a bug in cycle CPU usage calculation on Windows 7.

==>> See Post #1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update:

Autoruns v11.2

This update fixes a bug in the jump-to-folder function when executed on disabled items and correctly locates print monitor DLLs when they are stored in print monitor-specific system director

Process Explorer v15.1

This update of Process Explorer, a Task Manager replacement, adds support for new Windows 8 features by giving the processes hosting immersive applications a distinct highlight color, shows immersive application package names in process tooltips and as a new process view column, lists AppContainer and capability SIDs in the process security properties, and updates the GPU support to be compatible with Windows 8. Other enhancements include GPU memory counters with more descriptive labels, display of the logon session ID on the security properties, and reporting of suspended processes as suspended in the CPU usage column.

==>> See Post #1

• 2 weeks later...