HELP!

fallen1011

ok let me start off by saying i have windows 7 home premium x64 bit full admin account full access

i only get this error when i try to run cybergate a remote administration tool (RAT), anything that is along those line( a rat) i get this error

"Windows cannot access the specified device,path, or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access the item."

now let me say this before post anything. i have unlocked the hidden admin account on the PC tried that didn't work i tried making a new account didn't work, i tried doing a registry key making a Take Ownership and that didn't work, Ive done research and its been said ti isn't a permissions problem. Ive disabled my anti virus and re downloaded the file, that didn't work, i use malwarbytes. here is the site with the software I'm trying to use.

http://www.cyber-sec.org/CyberGate/website/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=41&Itemid=62

if anyone could please help me id be ever so greatful. Ive searched for days and days and tried everything in the book to get this to work.

the weird thing is, that the computer also wont show the real icon of the exe, its just a basic plain icon...

im going crazy trying to figure this out someone be the light here!

edit---

4:31 AM

i just tested running the program on my friends pc by using teamviewer and it runs fine on his pc and he has vista, WHY!!????

Hi, I'm far from being an expert but a few obvious thoughts cross my mind, it says "suitable for all Windows" but I wonder if it includes Win7, the error that pops up maybe just a standard default error and as you say not really a permission problem? also, have you tried to contact the author "Jonhyk" or posed the question through their own forum team?.. I'm sure you have but knowing how frustrating these things can be, I thought I would just prompt the obvious.

Hi, I'm far from being an expert but a few obvious thoughts cross my mind, it says "suitable for all Windows" but I wonder if it includes Win7, the error that pops up maybe just a standard default error and as you say not really a permission problem? also, have you tried to contact the author "Jonhyk" or posed the question through their own forum team?.. I'm sure you have but knowing how frustrating these things can be, I thought I would just prompt the obvious.

yes i contancted them but for some reason i havnt gotten a responce for days from him and his staff..

• 2 weeks later...

The error is just a standard error, relax for starters. As to why it works on Vista and not Win7, there could be any number of reasons. Without debugging it or getting info from Cybergate themselves I'd say it'll be hard to tell you what device it's complaining about, but my guess is the software drops a small device driver on the system on connect, and whatever code they used to do this on Vista isn't working on your Win7 machine.

One question - if you build a Win7 virtual machine and test, does it work?

Archived