Audacity 1.3.14 ( Beta )

0_0

a%3E%20 1.3.14 ( Beta )

Audacity is a free, easy-to-use and multilingual audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:

• Record live audio.
  • Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
  • Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
  • Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
  • Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
  • And more! See the complete list of features.

The latest release of Audacity is 1.3.14 ( Beta ). This is our active version with the latest features and fixes. It is a mature Beta, intended to become the new 2.0 stable version in the near future. Most users should download the Beta.

*** Windows Downloads

*** Features List

*** Help & Support

*** Release Notes

*** Screenshots

*** Audacity Homepage

Note:

... For Win2K,XP,Vista,7 use audacity-win-unicode-1.3.14.exe or audacity-win-unicode-1.3.14.zip. There are downloads available for Win98/ME (non-unicode), Mac, and Linux/Unix.

... If you decide to use the zip version, make it portable, see Portable Audacity. Don't forget to add the latest Help Manual.

A few comments about Audacity...

... I've been using Audacity to record audio streams off the internet (when a downloadable file is unavailable), and I love it, very easy to do. Essentially, if you can hear it you can record it, assuming your audio card is capable - more info.

... The Beta label is somewhat misleading, a good analogy (or comparison) might be foobar. foobar stayed at 0.8.x, 0.9.x for a long time, yet foobar was far more mature than many audio players at 4x, 5x etc. foobar just recently hit the 1.x version - don't sweat the Beta version. Try Audacity in zip format, make it portable, and grab the manual - enjoy :)