IrfanView 4.32

IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003 , 2008, Vista, Windows 7. It is designed to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals.

Some IrfanView features:

• Many supported file formats
  • Thumbnail/preview option
  • Paint option - to draw lines, circles, arrows, straighten image etc.
  • Slideshow (save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn it to CD)
  • Show EXIF/IPTC/Comment text in Slideshow/Fullscreen etc.
  • Support for Adobe Photoshop Filters
  • Batch conversion (with advanced image processing)
  • Multipage TIF editing
  • Support for embedded color profiles in JPG/TIF
  • Change color depth
  • Scan (batch scan) support
  • Add overlay text/image (watermark)
  • IPTC editing
  • Effects (Sharpen, Blur, Adobe 8BF, Filter Factory, Filters Unlimited, etc.)
  • Screen Capturing
  • Extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs
  • Lossless JPG rotation
  • Unicode support
  • Many PlugIns
  • and much much more

*** IrfanView 4.32 Exe English :: IrfanView 4.32 Zip English

*** IrfanView Plugins 4.32 Exe :: IrfanView Plugins 4.32 Zip

*** IrfanView Homepage

Note:

... IrfanView links open up in a 'frame' rather than a 'new page', visit the homepage and click the desired link from the menu at left.

... Please read the available information if you're unsure about installation, features, etc - What is IrfanView?, Download, PlugIns...

IrfanView zip setup:

... Create a new \IrfanView folder, unzip iviewxxx.zip to \IrfanView, unzip irfanview_plugins_xxx.zip to the \IrfanView\Plugins folder.

... Delete iv_uninstall.exe.

... Start IrfanView by dbl-clicking i_view32.exe. You can also create a shortcut to i_view32.exe to run the program.

... TIP! Once IrfanView is setup the way you like, copy i_view32.ini to a safe place. If you install from scratch again, copy the ini file to the new installation, the previous settings will be used.

... in no particular order, and there are others with more or less features, editors, viewers, depending on the need.

Also, you have the basic editor like LightBox, a bit more, maybe Paint.Net, and the big kahuna - GIMP.

I'm on XP as well. IrfanView is what I use which is why I started the thread :) I've used all on XP at one time or another. You don't mention why IrfanView doesn't meet your needs so I will only make general observations about the listed applications.

* I might put FastStone Image Viewer, Photoscape, & XnView in the same category as IrfanView - viewer & editor.

* Imagine, NexusImage, & Universal Viewer are good image collection viewers or browsers.

* Fullscreen Photo Viewer & JPEGView are viewers designed with high-quality, high-resolution digital images in mind.

Most of the listed applications have a zip version - FastStone Image Viewer, Fullscreen Photo Viewer, Imagine, JPEGView, NexusImage, Universal Viewer, XnView - the rest is up to you, try then decide :) I'm sure there are 600 more applications that could be listed too, I'll leave that list to someone else.

I'm on XP as well.

How come?

Switch to Windows 7 or Linux.

Windows XP is boring, ugly, old and outdated.

Windows Vista sucks.

Windows 7 while not exactly my cup of tea, it is much more modern and interesting than XP.

Windows 8 doesn't sound very exciting, I've heard people talking about "another Vista".

You don't mention why IrfanView doesn't meet your needs...

- Horribly ugly icons

- Ugly theme

- Proprietary software

- Horribly ugly icons

- Ugly theme

- Proprietary software

Well, the "red flat cat" icon for IrfanView itself is the worst of all, but, like others, I've lived with it for years.

The theme can be fixed (as mIkE has suggested).

As for proprietary, IrfanView is free, but not Open Source.

AFAIK FastStone Image Viewer is exactly the same as Irfanview -- i.e. free but closed-source.

JPEGView must be Open Source, if it's on SourceForge.

(I know that there is more than one program with exactly the same name of JPEGView, which is very confusing)

I know that there is more than one program with exactly the same name of JPEGView, which is very confusing

There's this blast from the past. Take a look @ The Macintosh Era (1991-1995), talk about wayback machine.

OT: Sorry, this reminded me of something - my first computer and the software I still have on 5.25 floppy, probably unreadable - anyone need SuperCalc or WordStar? Don't scoff, some pretty famous people used Kaypro back in the day, Arthur C. Clarke, David Addison, Peggy Hill, Marge Simpson, Charlotte Simmons... :)