Winbackup

krit86lr

Yesterday I used WinBackup, which was suggested in the Freeware thread. For starters I was soooo easy. Many thanks to whomever posted that one. XP's backup utility is impossible.

After the backup process finished a screen was displayed which stated "Backup 80 Warnings". I was just wondering if I should be concerned or not? Did the warnings not backup? Here are a few examples.

2006-02-24 15:05:39 Backup Operation Completed, Elapsed Time: 01:27:33, Bytes Written to Target: 1.56 GB

2006-02-24 15:05:28 Verify Failed: wmiprov.log, C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wmiprov.log

2006-02-24 15:05:28 Verify Failed: wbemess.log, C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemess.log

2006-02-24 15:05:28 Verify Failed: FrameWork.log,

2006-02-24 14:46:26 Unable to read file: wmiprov.log, C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wmiprov.log, Cannot open file C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wmiprov.log

2006-02-24 14:46:26 Unable to read file: FrameWork.log,

Thanks!

K

when i used WinBackUp i didnt experience any issues with creating a backup. i believe CaPMan may have experienced an error when trying it out but i cant remeber what type of error.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you think that I should use the other backup software listed in the Freeware thread, or not worry about it?

when i used WinBackUp i didnt experience any issues with creating a backup. i believe CaPMan may have experienced an error when trying it out but i cant remeber what type of error.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, I did get errors every time I tried it and gave up in the end but I will try again one day.

Do you think that I should use the other backup software listed in the Freeware thread, or not worry about it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is always a good idea to create a backup, if you do try any of the others be sure to let us know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, I did get errors every time I tried it and gave up in the end but I will try again one day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is always a good idea to create a backup, if you do try any of the others be sure to let us know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will try another one today, and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks alot MP, and CaPMan! :unsure:

Well, I can't use the other program listed because it doesn't backup to CD's, and that's what I need.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Couldn't you just back up to computer then save to cd?

Could backing up in safe mode possible solve some the problems?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It might do, if you try let us know, or if I try first I will let you know.

Well, I can't use the other program listed because it doesn't backup to CD's, and that's what I need.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool. I'll see if the safe mode method solves anything, and if it doesn't I'll try the backup to comp then save to cd.

Thanks,

K

• 1 month later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UPDATE :)

I'm trying Cobian right now. I'm backing it up to my computer and then I'll try writing it to a CD. My HDD will be completely full before sending the files to CD. :P

I tried using WinBackup in Safe Mode, and it did work without any errors, but it took 6.5 hours. (That's too long) You have to specifiy which processes to stop so that it can backup which is why I got errors backing up in Normal Mode because I didn't tell it to stop any processess. It Safe Mode most processes are stopped anyway so you don't have to specify anything.