email mess

glojo

• Administrator

What sort of error messages do you receive?

Do you have any anti-virus software or a firewall running?

Are you on or behind a router?

What pop server do you use for sending your email? (Gmail, your ISP such as Adelphia, Comcast, etc)

What sort of error messages do you receive?

Do you have any anti-virus software or a firewall running?

Are you on or behind a router?

What pop server do you use for sending your email?  (Gmail, your ISP such as Adelphia, Comcast, etc)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just the ones ya find in Outlook Express when a message is undeliverable. I use peoplepc.com, however I'd like to cancel and don't know what to do.

Well, to find out the error we have to know just what the error says.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

shows I do not have a valid acct specified. Socket error: 11001

Error: 0x800CCCoD

Jeesh I feel stupid...lol

(Happens when I use wireless) :D

• Administrator

Make sure your settings are correct. You may need to refer to PeoplePC for the exact settings.

pop.peoplepc.com Port: 110

smtp.peoplepc.com Port: 587

I'm surprised their FAQ didn't cover anything about email.

Q. Can I cancel once I become a PeoplePC Unlimited member?

A. Yes, you may cancel your service by calling our Customer Service department at 1-888-587-9669. Customer Service is available Monday Friday, 9:00 am 9:00 pm EST. Please note: if you pre-pay, you will not be able to cancel your membership after your free trial period.

Make sure your settings are correct.  You may need to refer to PeoplePC for the exact settings.

pop.peoplepc.com  Port: 110

smtp.peoplepc.com  Port: 587

I'm surprised their FAQ didn't cover anything about email.

Q.  Can I cancel once I become a PeoplePC Unlimited member?

A.  Yes, you may cancel your service by calling our Customer Service department at 1-888-587-9669. Customer Service is available Monday Friday, 9:00 am 9:00 pm EST. Please note: if you pre-pay, you will not be able to cancel your membership after your free trial period.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you so much from myself and other pc illerates...! I'll try this.

You may also need to try pop3.peoplepc.com :D

Always glad to help, glojo  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again I thank you. Tarun do I need to keep paying peoplepc for dial-up I'm not using just to access e-mail? I nixed Outlook Express for now as I have hotmail and yahoo?

You may also need to try pop3.peoplepc.com :D

Always glad to help, glojo  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again I thank you. Tarun do I need to keep paying peoplepc for dial-up I'm not using just to access e-mail? I nixed Outlook Express for now as I have hotmail and yahoo?

It's me again! Altho I have peoplepc dial-up that I do not use as a result of wireless availability, I am unable to send email via outlook express. Can you help me? (once again)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Remember, I'm on wireless.

• Administrator

If you're not using your dial-up account to access the Internet but wish to keep your email address with them, they may require you to keep your account active. However, if you no longer than any use for it, you should be able to safely cancel.

If you call to cancel, definitely ask them about your email and if you are able to access it from the web or via a mail client (Like Thunderbird, Eudora, etc.). They may say that you need to have an active account, they may not. I have never used or dealt with PeoplePC, so it's hard to say.

You may like a GMail account better. Over 2.5GB storage, works perfect with Thunderbird too. If you want a GMail account, see this thread.