DELL Flat monitor (*&*^)(&*()

TexasFilly

Every now and then if I shut off my computer, (this doesn't happen often, except in a storm like we had last night) then when I go to turn my computer back on, my monitor won't show anything even tho it's on. I have to click the monitor off and on just to get to the desktop, internet site etc. Finally it will stay on so I can actually SLOW surf. (due to dial up) LOL

What's up with that? It took me 45 minutes turning it on and off today. BTW my Dell is almost 2 whole years old.

Thanks in advance peeps :love:

• Administrator

I'd check all the connections first to make sure they're in firmly.

Do you have any other computers you can test the monitor on? This helps to debunk if the issue is indeed the monitor, a connection or the graphics card.

I'd check all the connections first to make sure they're in firmly.

Do you have any other computers you can test the monitor on? This helps to debunk if the issue is indeed the monitor, a connection or the graphics card.

Yes, I checked the connections first thing, and nope, no other computer to check it out. :( This has been happening for a couple of months, but this is the firs time that it took so long to finally stay on.