windows $ files

hazelnut

In my windows file in the C drive there is a folder $hf_mig$ with 31 files inside. I take these are windows updates?

Also next to that folder are 45 uninstall files not in a folder,written in blue writing. Should these all be in a folder, and why are there 45 of these and only 31 updates?

If it is any consolation, I have 82 $~~~$ files, but only 41 files in the $hf_mig$ folder.

The files in the $hf_mig$ folder are indeed updates also known as hot fixes, and the $~~~~$ files are the files that are needed if you decide to uninstall a hot fix.

Why there are differing amounts is something that I am unsure of. Also the $~~~~$ files are just in the windows folder as you describe, not in a dedicated folder of their own.

In my windows file in the C drive there is a folder $hf_mig$ with 31 files inside. I take these are windows updates?

Also next to that folder are 45 uninstall files not in a folder,written in blue writing. Should these all be in a folder, and why are there 45 of these and only 31 updates?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The $hf_mig$ folder is just for "Hot Fix" updates. The extra uninstall files are for non-hotfix updates, like DirectX 9, security, etc.

Archived