Getting a new case

New_Age

For a MicroATX (mATX) motherboard, you can use a mATX or ATX case.

I think that mini-tower cases are a bit too small, and personally prefer a midi-tower (ATX) case.

Both cases would work, I like the first one (the black one) better though. Recently, I came across Mode Com and noticed they have some pretty nice cases.

If you're going to buy a new motherboard and processor, its important to know what memory you have now, to know if they're compatible.

That motherboard is very cheap, but I have never heard of that manufacturer "PC Chips" before. It uses the SiS chipset, which I do have my doubts about.

The Sempron line of CPU's are the budget line, its like what Duron was, and what Celeron is. I don't know exactly how well they perform, but they are not the gamer choice, but they are alright for surfing, mailing, writing, spreadsheets, etc. I don't know how much you would want to spend, but if I bought a computer, I would look at getting something with a dual-core CPU, good for multi-tasking.

For the case I don't want to make the same mistake here. My lst case which I'm using now the Dimensions were wrong so my PCI parts wouldn't fit tight and that included my AGP Graphics card. Hopefully this won't hasppen again. The company "APEX" is who I bought the case from. I thought they were good but now being that I've had the darn case for about a year IT SUCKS!!!

I'm just going to get the first case I posted cause it seems good. I've got a friend whos giving me a A Socket AMD Athlon Xp 2800+