Need assistance with Office 2000

Capman

When you have an Office 2000 program such as Excel open and you click File, Edit, View etc, you don't get the full list drop down, just the most recently used options, with a little arrow at the bottom that you click to see all the options.

How do I change it so that all the options are on display straight away?

• Administrator

When you have an Office 2000 program such as Excel open and you click File, Edit, View etc, you don't get the full list drop down, just the most recently used options, with a little arrow at the bottom that you click to see all the options.

How do I change it so that all the options are on display straight away?

Tools > Customize (You may need to click on those annoying double arrows) > under the Options tab apply a checkmark to "Always show full menus".

• Administrator

Thanks Tarun, they are annoying and time consuming.

I had selected show full menu's at home years ago, but it was in work today that they were irritating me, and I couldn't, for my life, remember what to do.

I actually just opened Word real fast. Should be the same globally for the Office Suite.

Looks good, I have just checked on my home comp and it is the same as what you described, will apply it at work tomorrow.

It is not often that I use Office, especially at work, but I was trying to create a database, and it is too easy to lose interest when I start getting niggled by little things.

I should stick to what I'm employed to do, wiring things up.