Server 03 w/Exchange 03 installed - is DAF safe to use?

Guest ^angel^

Guest ^angel^

Hi!

I have a server with 03 installed, and it houses my exchange server - problem is I have been trying to get assistance from MS for the last 3 mo regarding installing updates - specifically SP2 - and the person who is 'supposed' to be assisting at MS is on complete opposite time as I am, sends me an email at like 3:30am, and repeatedly closes the ticket by 5:30am because I haven't responded - but I don't get to work until 6:30 - which means I have to email to have her reopen the ticket which takes until that night because she isn't there when i am...and the cycle repeats...

ANYway - this product was recommended to me, and I have used it on workstations with wonderful results, but want to make sure that it is safe to use on a server running exchange.

Can you confirm that this will assist with out messing with my exchange server?

Thanks sooooooo much for a utility that I already recommend to all my IT friends :o)

^angel^

Guest ^angel^

Is there any specific reason why you would want to run Dial-a-fix on the server?

Is there anything on the server that is broken and needs to be fixed?

yes - as i said "...problem is I have been trying to get assistance from MS for the last 3 mo regarding installing updates - specifically SP2"

updates can be downloaded, but will not install, either via the website or after downloading the full file

it has been driving me nuts!

Guest ^angel^

I just ran Dial-a-fix on my Server 2003 with no issues so you too should do just fine. :wave:

No issues with exchange?

• Administrator

I do not run exchange on my server, so I cannot say for sure. DjLizard would be the best one to clarify this. Though I do not believe there would be any issues. Dial-a-fix repairs problems and can bring others to the surface, but does not break anything itself.

Guest ^angel^

I do not run exchange on my server, so I cannot say for sure. DjLizard would be the best one to clarify this. Though I do not believe there would be any issues. Dial-a-fix repairs problems and can bring others to the surface, but does not break anything itself.

Thanks muchly Tarun!

Will let you know how things work out after i try this tonight.

:wave: :D

Guest ^angel^

Thanks muchly Tarun!

Will let you know how things work out after i try this tonight.

:wave::P

Ok, so due to extenuating circumstance I didn't get to test this until last night - but it did not work.

I still get the same error. I tried it several times, but no love.

:o(

Archived