What is Warez?

Can someone explain to me exactly what it is? I understand that there are lots of "Warez" sites and have been told that you can get viruses from such sites. Not wanting to go to any as i dont want any viruses, I thought i would ask the question here.

Thank you. :angry:

Simply put 'warez' are illegal copies, including passwords, 'hackz' and 'crackz' to get around licencing/protection of software currently available.

These warez range from music to software and it's possible to get chips for PSPs and XBoxes to 'unlock' features within those pieces of kit (among a myriad of others).

In short, having this type of 'resource' on your system is illegal and open to prosecution, depending on your locale, if found.

To put it even more simply, they're a 'No No'. :angry:

Cheers :dunce:

PS: and 'Yes', most of these sites do have malware/virii programs installed to get you.

If they are illegal, why are they not shut down? I mean, if i opened a store selling illegal goods, i am sure that the authorities in any country would shut it down (and arrest me). Thanks for the answer brother. I assumed it had something to do with illegal software, but I wasnt sure.

This dude wants to stay legal so warez :angry:

:dunce:

If they are illegal, why are they not shut down?  I mean, if i opened a store selling illegal goods, i am sure that the authorities in any country would shut it down (and arrest me).  Thanks for the answer brother.  I assumed it had something to do with illegal software, but I wasnt sure. 

This dude wants to stay legal so warez  :dunce:

:hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason most of these sites aren't shut down is due to the locale of the servers. Certain countries do allow these sites to operate as it generates an income for them for hosting these sites.

Cheers :angry: