JavaRa in Silent Mode

Guest Simon

Guest Simon

Hello

Javara is a very interesting tool - thanks a lot for it!

I would like to deploy JavaRa over my whole network to uninstall the older java versions.

I'm using Microsoft SMS for this and "JavaRa.exe -r".

If i call them manually over cmd (login as administrator) it will works, but over the SMS i've got problems...

Is there anyone who has done the same thing?

best regards from switzerland,

simon

Guest Simon

What kind of problems?

Is there any error message?

Problem: Nothing happens...

Error Message on MS SMS: Errorcode, Errorexitcode -1073741819

SMS means, that this code is an errocode of the application (in this case javara)

Is this a help?

• 3 months later...

I'm having a simlar issue. but when I run the -r, --runsilent, or -runsilent it prompts me to close internet explorer. Do you get that as well. Its not very silent

Me too. When I tried javara -r or -runsilent or --runsilent, a windows prompt stating that "In order for JavaRa to do its job in the most thorough way possible, Internet Explorer needs to be closed. If you are using Internet Explorer, please close it now. Once I clicked OK, the windows closed and nothing happened.

I have even restarted the computer and started JavaRa in the first place, still same error.

However if I started JavaRa -r -p, then the JavaRa 1.11 UI came up, and let me choose between "Search For Updates", "Remove Older Versions", "Additional Tasks", and "About". Unfortunately it is still not silent. I really don't want to visit 200 sites and press "Remove Older Versions" button on 5000 computers.

Any successful story out there? I would love to hear from you how you deploy it to remove older java versions in your environment.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest_jay_*

I'm having a problem with javara. First off i get the same response back as the other fellows in this page and also like to note that it did not remove java 6 update 5 and java 6 update 7 but it did remove java 6 update 10 any reason why this is happening ? I had to do a restore to make sure this prog didn't corrupt anyfiles when i tried the removal .

Archived