Programs that read/open other programs

yes. i often get files i cant open. and i get a window which states, do you want to use a file off of your computer or search the web. well, being a dummy, i dont know where to search on the web, so i end up not being able to open the file. i had a .mov file the other day and couldnt open it. it was a tutorial on a product and my computer wouldnt open it. i have windows media, realplayer, quicktime, zoomplayer, k codecs, etc. and couldnt open the darn thing, so i dont know what my problem is or how to solve it. thats just one example.

Well i looked in my k codec and couldnt find the .mov file in the list. but when i go to the quicktime site, it says i already have that codec in my codec pack. hmmmmmmmmmm. once again something simple is stumping (to quote another poster here :hug: ) "his lordship". :P

i went to free codecs, and all those download links are supposedly already on my comp. so i updated to the newest mega codec pack. got me media classic as well, and now the vlc player. we shall see how it all goes. i will keep you all posted.

thanks for the help! punk.gif

• Administrator

ok, now how do i go about opening a .cbr file?  i never even heard of it.

This is a renamed .RAR file and can be decompressed with any .RAR file utility. The CDisplay program displays the comic book images so it is useful to use for this particular .RAR archive type.