Johnny Depp on board for Pirates 4

Tarun

• Administrator

Johnny Depp has signed on to do a fourth installment of the hugely successful "Pirates of the Caribbean" films, the Walt Disney Co. has announced.

At a star-studded showcase on Thursday in Los Angeles, Disney also disclosed that Depp, 45, is slated to play the sidekick Tonto in Jerry Bruckheimer's "The Lone Ranger" and the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland." The company didn't say when the films would be released.

The first three "Pirates" movies, starring Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, have garnered $1.62 billion in worldwide ticket sales and collectively cost $665 million to make, according to Internet Movie Database Inc. The newly announced films will make up for weakness in advertising and at Disney's theme parks, said Jason Helfstein, an analyst at Oppenheimer & Co. in New York.

Source: NewsDay

Oh, I thought the third movie was the last, and that it wouldn't be any more...

Well, I hope they make it a really good movie, and not just make a sequel to cash in.

The third movie was kind of crappy how they made a rich beautiful blond girl first a pirate lord then if that wasn't enough, the king of all pirates in the world. Thats just silly, she wouldn't be allowed on the ship other than pleasurable servant for the crew, nobody would listen to her or take orders from her. I think the pirate lords and the pirate king should be as******. Like captain Barbarossa, thats a pirate, hes ugly.

A pirate should be ugly and cuss like a sailor and be a real as*****, he should be dirty and foulmouthed. Not a pretty rich girl.