windows update

ngj67

Which Dial-a-fix functions did you run? Did you go into the Tools menu and run "Reinstall Automatic Update Service" and "Reinstall BITS"?

I will try it thnx

ok, now i dont get error but it says cannot install updates, I will search forum because i think i seen this post somewhere, thank you Greenknight.

ok the updates window just stays blank for a bout 20 minutes then. it tells me that they all were not installed.

i can run dial afix again but can you tell me how to sop it from staying at "stopping cryptsvc" cuz it stays there for ever

thnx

This really belongs in the Dial-a-fix forum. :)

I doubt running Dial-a-fix again will do any more than it already did, but I suppose it couldn't hurt. You could uncheck "Fix SSL/HTTPS/Cryptsrvc" if that part takes too long; it's not really relevant to your problem.

You could try the "Repair permissions" tool, too, which also couldn't hurt...but probably won't help.

That is quite ok, hope you get better. I wish i remembered what i did(and i dont have the flu..just forgetful..lol) but anways I fixed it and its up and running so far...thnx a bunch for the advice you guys have a super site!!!

Archived