Uninstalling old Versions

Guest Aravind

Guest Aravind

Hi, I ran JavaRa yesterday and removed older versions. But a version' Java 6 Update 7 ' still remains in "Add or Remove Programs. Please suggest.

• 1 year later...

If you have a look in the JavaRA.def file it only goes up to Java 6 update 6. You would need to include the definiation lines for the other versions up to the latest one, or wait for someone else to put up a new def file... I think

I know that JavaRa has removed Java from v6 update14 thru v6 update19. I just updated to v6 update20 and it was the Java installer that

edited 'add/remove programs'. Anyway, if you know for a fact that it is only an invalid listing in 'add/remove programs' and you have the

latest Java installed - v6 update20 - then I would do a search for removing invalid entries in add/remove programs for your OS.

Here's a snippet of the JavaRa log...

JavaRa 1.15 Removal Log.

Report follows after line.

------------------------------------

The JavaRa removal process was started on Sat Nov 07 08:27:40 2009

Found and removed: I:\Documents and Settings\MyComp\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_14

Found and removed: I:\Documents and Settings\MyComp\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_15

Found and removed: I:\Documents and Settings\MyComp\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_16

The JavaRa removal process was started on Sat Jan 23 05:16:40 2010

Found and removed: I:\Documents and Settings\MyComp\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_17

The JavaRa removal process was started on Sat Apr 03 14:54:20 2010

Found and removed: I:\Documents and Settings\MyComp\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_18

The JavaRa removal process was started on Thu Apr 15 20:35:53 2010

Found and removed: I:\Documents and Settings\MyComp\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_19

You don't mention your OS and I am always hesitant to offer opinions regarding editing the registry but that is what you will want to do

- remove the entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

If you don't know how to do this after reading the following page - leave it alone, it wont hurt anything.

-> Removing Invalid Entries in the Add/Remove Programs Tool - Windows XP

I'm sure there is a freeware tool floating around out there that might make this easier, I usually use regedit, always backing up the

registry (fully) before I make any changes. Please be careful, if you are unfamiliar with editing the registry, it wont hurt to leave the

entry, except cosmetically.

It just dawned on me ;) CCleaner may be what you need...

...See the Lunarsoft link Here

...From Piriform Docs See: Delete Entry

There's also a 'portable' version available.

Archived