error installing iKernel.exe

two-dogs

I have this error when I try and load a sound card driver (error installing iKernel.exe) what can I do to fix this. I was told to run the dial-a-fix v0.60.24 and it would fix it but it didn't........any help on this ...........thanks........two-dogs

Tarun could you give me an example I am a little confused. I have the disk and I went to I386 and found the 3 files I tried to copy and past in to my system32 folder but that didn't work. How should the command look if my drive for my cd is E.......any help on this would be great.........two-dogs

I think I figured it out Expand e:\i386\stdole.tl_ c:\windows\system32\stdole.tl_.........I did that with all 3 files now what do i do save or what I will just do a reboot and see what happens.......two-dogs

I think I figured it out Expand e:\i386\stdole.tl_ c:\windows\system32\stdole.tl_ ...

It looks to me like you made a mistake in your command. It should be tlb at the end, not tl_.

The three commands should be:

Expand e:\i386\stdole.tl_ c:\windows\system32\stdole.tlb

Expand e:\i386\stdole2.tl_ c:\windows\system32\stdole2.tlb

Expand e:\i386\stdole32.tl_ c:\windows\system32\stdole32.tlb

Ok thanks I did that and all went well until I got to the last one here is what it read out.

Expand e:\i386\stdole32.tl_ c:\windows\system32\stdole32.tlb

Microsoft <R> File Expansion Utility Version 5.1.2600.0

Copyright <C> Microsoft Corp 1990-1999. All rights reserved.

Can't open input file:\i386\stdole32.tl_

Does that mean the disk is bad now what do I do from here.........thanks for the help.......two-dogs

It might, or it might not.

The response from the Expand utility "Can't open input file: ... " is a general error.

It could mean several things, including:

- the file could not be found; or

- the file could not be read; or

- the command was not entered correctly.

As posted, above, the drive part of the path is missing (no "e:").

Next step might be to check what files are present on the CD and on the Hard Disk: try the two commands:

dir e:\I386\STDOLE32.*
and
dir c:\windows\system32\STDOLE32.*
. If you find STDOLE32.TLB on the HD all is OK. Try your install again. If you find STDOLE32.TL_ on the HD, you can use Expand to unpack (expand) the file on the HD:
Expand c:\windows\system32\STDOLE32.TL_  c:\windows\system32\STDOLE32.TLB
If you find STDOLE32.TL_ on the CD, try the original command again:
Expand e:\i386\STDOLE32.TL_  c:\windows\system32\STDOLE32.TLB

Archived