Problem installing Abobe Java update 14

JMac

I am getting this error half way through install (error 25099. Unzipping core files failed.)

Just wondering if anyone can help me out, i also tried the walk troughs from adobe but had no luck as of yet!

Thanks in advance

Can not seem to get windows installer for vista, all files i download i get error messages

The update does not apply to your system

&

The version of windows you have installed does not match the update you are trying to install...

I am running Windows Vista SP1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The current version of the Java Runtime is no longer 14.

However,

(1) The Java forums (http://forums.java.net) have had this solution posted for just over a year:

I would make sure the %ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\ and %APPDATA%\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_10\ directories are empty.

Are any of the Java files still in use? Try rebooting or using ProcessExplorer to find files that are still running out of the jre6 directory.

(2) Also on the Java forums, about 9 months ago, an explanation of the Java file that is stil in use:

I solved the problem by killing the task

jqs.exe

Which was still running as service despite a complete uninstall of all java plugins

(3) Use JavaRa to uninstall all old Java versions and reboot. The JavaRa forum is right here, at Lunarsoft.