JavaRa and the Command Line

TheBiff

I use JavaRa on a regular basis and I think it is a great piece of software. However I am running into a little bit of an issue when using the command line. Before I explain the issue, this was never an issue on version 1.13 (for me at least), but was a problem for me from 1.10-1.12 and again in 1.14. When I go into the command line and type javara.exe -r and it enter javara crashes. It comes up with a dialog box saying JavaRa has encountered a problem, blah, blah, blah. Any ideas?

I guess you give a little more information, JavaRa does not crash if there is old Java installations. It will crash if there is only one, or none. If I run JavaRa without using the command line, when there is only one installation of Java or no installation of it, it will not crash...

Then let me follow customs. "JavaRa has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The error signature is "AppName: javara.exe Appver: 1.14.0.1655 ModName: msvcrt.dll".

There is no other error.

TheBiff,

Thanks for bringing my attention to this problem. I'll look into it and see what I can do. Currently, I cannot reproduce the error on my own machine, but I will try and see what is causing this problem.

-Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lazegalli

I'll get the same error on WinXP SP2 systems if I use a commandline option (doesn't matter which one).

It would be perfect if you have a solution for that.

TheBiff:

Well, I found a small logical error in my code which may or may not be the culprit. I'm wondering though, after looking into this some, if you don't have an older version of msvcrt.dll which is causing the problem. If you'd find the version of msvcrt.dll for me and post it here, I'll compare mine and yours.

Thanks!

The version of the file you requested is 7.0.2600.5512. I would love to upload it to you however the max attachment is 150kb and the file is 335kb, even if I ultra compress it using 7-Zip I can only get it down to 169kb. However you only asked for the version number, so there you go.

I believe I have fixed this problem. Look for a 1.15 beta very soon. This problem was caused by two simultaneous calls to strtok, which is a string tokenizer function in C. Apparently this behavior causes corruption of strings, which is why the program was both causing segmentation faults and crashing.

Thanks for helping me out, TheBiff!

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest JavaraUser

Hello,

Commandline not work with version 1.16 (last release): (javara.exe -r -p)

IDEvent:1000

Application défaillante javara.exe, version 1.16.1.1763, module défaillant msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.5512, adresse de défaillance 0x00037742.

MSVCRT.DLL

Works on Vista but crash on WinXp SP2

Great Jobs!

JavaraUser

Archived