Firefox 3.6.2

0_0

Firefox 3.6.2

March 23, 2010

The Web is all about innovation, and Firefox sets the pace with dozens of new features to deliver a faster, more secure and customizable Web browsing experience for all.

User Experience. The enhancements to Firefox provide the best possible browsing experience on the Web. The new Firefox smart location bar, affectionately known as the "Awesome Bar," learns as people use it, adapting to user preferences and offering better fitting matches over time.

Performance. Firefox is built on top of the powerful new Gecko platform, resulting in a safer, easier to use and more personal product.

Security. Firefox raises the bar for security. The new malware and phishing protection helps protect from viruses, worms, trojans and spyware to keep people safe on the Web.

Customization. Everyone uses the Web differently, and Firefox lets users customize their browser with more than 5,000 add-ons.

Download: Firefox 3.6.2 (win32)(en-US)

Release Notes: Firefox 3.6.2 Release Notes

Homepage: Firefox On The Web

Description borrowed from FileHippo :P

If you have just about any language build other than US English (en-US) then Firefox will be incorrectly reported as version 3.6.2pre in Add/Remove programs. "Any other language" includes Australian and British English versions for example.

This is an "oops" error caused by the Mozilla team wnen building the release. It looks like it will not be fixed, but will automatically be corrected (by removal) when the next update, presumably 3.6.3, is released.

• Administrator

Actually, you did me a favor. I usually try to post the news here on the forums anyways. If you're interested in posting news to the frontpage, let me know and I can make the necessary account changes to your account.

I used to post frontpage and forums, but also Facebook and Twitter now too...