Lunarsoft Forum update applied

• Administrator

The forum software has been updated to the latest version. If you encounter any bugs or issues please be sure to post. Or if you simply have questions about the many new features 3.1 has brought, ask away! And don't be shy about using our reputation system too!

Be sure to clear your cache so the updates and fixes will apply.

What's New

In addition to all the great, new features launched in IP.Board 3.1.0 and the Applications we have fixed many dozens of reported issues and enhanced a few of the new features including:

• Improved Facebook and Twitter integration
  • Usability improvements in the new skin merge center
  • Search Engine Optimization (SEO) improvements
  • Admin can now modify each member's notification options when editing the member in the AdminCP
  • A new tool to test outbound connections has been added to the support tab. Useful for license, chat, or other connection issue diagnostics.

In addition, the Lunarsoft Wiki is undergoing maintenance. The appearance is changing to match that of the forums, thanks to Wynthyst. In order to make the theme as best possible, we'll need to hear feedback from as many people as possible. :thumbdown:

I searched, and did the obvious - used my existing account info to log in - no success - my question...

Do you need a new account for both the 'wiki' and 'home' to log in?

• Administrator

Mike, at this time yes you do need a separate account for the Wiki. I'm hoping 1.16 has a more verbose login method, as I would love to allow OpenID, Facebook, and/or even Twitter accounts to log in easily to the wiki too. :thumbdown:

As for the homepage, there is a method to "bridge" the forums and frontpage with the forum accounts. Since 1.6 of the frontpage software is due out within the next month or so (hopefully) I haven't messed with the bridge. In fact, the last bridge I tried caused a bad problem with the SQL database. Invision has one available but I have not tried it yet. What I've been considering doing is simply making an account for editors to share on the frontpage and all they would do is change their alias at the time of posting.

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind registering another account but I'm sure you can relate - I simply have too many UNs/PWs

that I can hardly keep track - even with KeePass. I will wait and see if the upgrades later make it easier but for now I guess

I will stick with the forum only account. :thumbdown:

• Administrator

Would any of the above that I mentioned (Facebook, Twitter, OpenID) be easier for you? If so, which would be preferred? I'm looking into it now. :thumbdown:

Facebook for Mediawiki: http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Facebook_Connect_Plugin_for_MediaWiki and http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:FBConnect (assuming it's the same thing as the first URL. Second may be best since it references 1.16)

Twitter for Mediawiki: None available it seems.

OpenID for Mediawiki: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:OpenID

I don't use Facebook or Twitter but I am interested in learning more about OpenID. I'm not sure if I have exactly what they

require but 2 services they use I have, so my first inclination is OpenID. :thumbdown: