Java Script

dej70

Bought a new PC with Win 7. Installed latest version of Java Script using JavaRa. Won't work with Firefox and Thunderbird both latest versions. Works fine with IE. Anyone had the same experience?

• Administrator

Thread cleaned

Welcome to Lunarsoft, dej70.

What sort of problems are you having?

I admit it's a bit confused to try and assist because JavaRa does not touch Javascript in any way, only Java. In fact, Java doesn't even do anything to/with Javascript according to the Java article.

Javascript already comes with every web browser and is enabled by default. Did Javascript get disabled in Firefox per chance? And I don't believe there is a need for Java in Thunderbird.

Any help clarifying the issues you're experiencing would be very helpful.

Guest Dan Jones

I realize that I misspoke when I posted. I do understand the difference between Java and JavaScript. I wasn't aware that JavaScript came with my Win7 software. I made sure JavaScript is enabled in Firefox. The problems I am having are two fold. 1st, when I use FF to try and pay my bills with Ebillpay service or use my banks pay service nothing happens when I reach the end and click on "submit". I go to IE and have no problem

When I use Thunderbird selecting links will not open my FF Browser or open a new tab if FF is already open. The reason I think JavaScript is involved is because my status bar tells me that JavaScript is doing something, but it never completes.

I did install JavaScript when I ran my PC for the first time. Could I have fouled something up doing that?

I appreciate anything you can do to shed some light on this issue.

• Administrator

Hm, I've done a lot of work with computers and I can honestly say I've never heard of Javascript ever installing.

What version of Thunderbird and Firefox are you on? Have you tried making a new profile for Thunderbird?

Archived